Is this person a chancer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
I had a lady in the other day for infills on a set of eyelash extensions. They were done poorly so we agreed to take them off and do a full set. She said she liked it when they looked full but not super noticeable so I did a natural set but still longer than her natural lashes. She was happy at the end and was coming back later in the day to have her daughters hair cut. She booked in for infills as well.

Later in the day she comes in with her daughter and shows me that a couple of the lashes were drooping on one side so I said no problem and quickly took them off and popped a few back on to sort out the issue and she said that maybe next time we could do them longer to which I said of course.

A few days later she contacted the salon to say that she was losing lashes so they booked her to have this corrected. When I get into the room she has lost a few but not many and in her words they ‘looked terrible’ she then also asked me to put longer ones in.

I fill in the lashes and use longer ones to get the look she wants and she is happy and she leaves a 5* review.

Now tomorrow the owner has put in my column to ring her about lashes which I’m assuming is this client again as I haven’t done any on anyone else for a while.

I gave her aftercare advise about how to look after them etc but I can’t guarantee that she does that. What do I do if it is about her and the owner makes it out to be my fault?! I’m panicking.

I’ve already booked into a refresher anyway as I had a couple of little things I wanted the teacher to look at but nothing that should affect the retention.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this! I’ve kind of gone through the same thing over new year where I’ve had a client come back for her hair appointment after I did a full set of Russian lashes and she stated her lashes didn’t even last 2 days.. she didn’t contact myself or the salon and it’s over 2 weeks now so I’m a bit sceptical like yourself whether this is the case or not.

I think as long as the correct aftercare has been given which I’m sure you will have told her that’s all you can really do in this case, as you said yourself she told you there was problems but when she came in they weren’t “terrible” as she described, sometimes clients who maybe haven’t had lashes before have an idea of what it is like to have them and think they’re supposed to look like strip lashes 24/7 which obviously we know isn’t the case and the correct care needs to be given to them to keep them looking nice the same with everything in this world!

I had a good old cry today after I heard about my client so I’ll reassure you like I should do myself and just say not to let this knock your confidence! Give her a call and then you’ve done all you can do

Xx

You can check the quality of your work and her aftercare using maths.

How many lashes did you need to apply to recreate the fullness? If she loses 1-2 a day (so normal extension loss) then she'll need 7-14 lashes after a week. If that's all she needs there is no problem with your work or her aftercare. If this is the case she needs a fuller set (more lashes in total) so that the normal loss is less noticeable. (If you applied 60 lashes 14 lashes is a quarter of the set, if you applied 90 lashes -14 lashes is just a 1/6 so it's much less noticeable)

If she needed 25 lashes to recreate the same fullness this is a bit excessive - so when you infill after a week for free, make sure you apply to short lashes that have plenty of life in them. If she returns again after a week needing 25 lashes this is her aftercare issue, so you charge her, explaining that you would have expected to replace 25 lashes after 2 weeks in any event and now she's got a full set again - so it's up to her to make this set last.

For the future, when you apply a set of lashes and you're happy, try and get a few more on - this is what my trainer did - she looked at my work said "ooh how lovely" and then popped in another 7. I didn't understand why. It took me ages to work out why my first set still looked really good for 2 weeks on my model but not my case studies until I worked out that I needed to add 7 more than I felt I needed!

Latest posts

Back