Is this possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
My boss's partner sometimes has gels done by me, but she complains about them every time because they somehow lift.

She says that because her nails grow out slightly curving down, the gels lift from the cuticle area after a while. I can kinda see that happening, but her nails are constantly damaged. Is it possible that the pressure is so great that the gels are ripping their selves off her nail??? Or is she just picking them off?

I use Bio, which is quite flexible so I don't see how it could do that.... What do you geeks think?

You know, most lifting you see at the 3 week period is due to 'stresses and strains' on the nail enhancement structure and the product is literally pulled off the surface of the nail because of that. So it is entirely possible that this is the reason for the lifting ... competing forces between the nail and the product.

The reason I construct my nails with a Central Vertical Apex is to ensure that the nail enhancement can cope better with physical stress.

Since building my nails with a CVA in this way (starting some 10 years ago) I rarely ever see breakages or lifting .. they are definitely the rare occurrence and not the norm ... I'm sure it is why my clients always told me ... Gigi I come to you because the nails you do ... LAST so much longer. A CVA also makes it nearly impossible for clients to bit or pick the product.

Do you explain the CVA in your book?

If you follow the brush techniques in my book for application you will end up with a CVA Doorie! x

Thanks Gigi!
I think I'll try working on creating a CVA this time! In the meantime I've given her shellac instead, since that seems to stay on her quite well

Latest posts

Back