Is this the oldest spray tan client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
I have just literally finished spray tanning an 82 year old lady as well as doing a gel polish on her (with glitter)! She was fantastic, so lovely, and when asked how dark she wanted to go she said 'Dark please...bring it on!!' I sprayed her in 14% Nouvatan and she did look brilliant. Things I would be wary off in future though....she couldn't walk in the sticky feet which was a bit scary....and she really couldn't balance like most younger clients when I position them....so spent a lot of time touching my walls which were pretty sticky from the earlier tans. I did think about leaving the sticky feet off but then I wasn't too happy about that either as my room is well used and the tan gets everywhere. Also not entirely sure that she got the whole concept if I'm honest as she wasn't really up for reading my before and after care information. Anyway her daughter had one yesterday following which apparently 'Mum quite fancied one!!' so I've rung the daughter and told her to help 'Mum' out with the do's and don't's. So.... something else to put down to experience!!! What's next I wonder!!;)

Love it! That's brilliant. If she comes back for more spray tan maybe put large towel inside your tent? Might be easier for her on the towel without sticky feet. Love it. Never too old for spray tan :)))) x

Yes thanks the towel is a good idea! I use small ones anyway but an extra large one would definitely have helped! Still smiling at her 'bring it on'!! :lol:

Love it!! I had a clients mum in for shellac at Christmas. 90 years young! She was going to have a 'nice red' for the festive period. Until she saw mine, rockstar shellac. "I'll have some of that!!" she said.....had the other 2 daughters book in as well because their mum was showing everyone!! She was so cute!

Love it!! I had a clients mum in for shellac at Christmas. 90 years young! She was going to have a 'nice red' for the festive period. Until she saw mine, rockstar shellac. "I'll have some of that!!" she said.....had the other 2 daughters book in as well because their mum was showing everyone!! She was so cute!
Fab! Wonder what we'll all be up to at that age ;)

My mum is 66 & has a spray tan before her hols, she has a condition called muscular atrophy which puts her off balance a lot,
I wrapped her walking stick in cling film & cut a prices of sticky feet to put on the bottom of it & held her hand when I sprayed her face so she felt steady , at the end I unwrapped her stick & gave it a quick wipe down,

Sorry had to laugh got a vision of that women on her scooter in Benidorm ! Bless her, why not I say ! Except I know she wouldn't be orange with Nouvatan !
I have a 92 year old who has a monthly facial, eyebrow tint and manicure. I can imagine me doing it when I'm that age, I hope I still care enough about my appearance.

Love OAPs thay can be the best clients ,some people slag them off but I think thay r ace :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Not done anybody over about 60 but some of my more elderly clients have expressed an interest.

What happens about wrinkles? And sagging skin? Not being rude but unless they're in pretty amazing shape for their age, aren't there going to be white bits in the creases? Sorry, not explaining very well but ukwim

xx

I painted my nanna nails the day before she died , and put her a lovely diamonte on ;0) she was 102 bless her , miss her lots xxx

Big Hugs Hon, at least she went to Rainbow bridge all blinged up:hug:

I painted my nanna nails the day before she died , and put her a lovely diamonte on ;0) she was 102 bless her , miss her lots xxx

Thinking about it, that'll be us lot one day! "I can't be without my spray tan" -holds onto walking stick- ;)

They didn't have stuff like that when she was 20-something so why not!! My nana still has jet black hair and she's in her 80s hehe x

Awww bless her haha. Old people are so funny! The old time iv had a few really old people they are always so proud when they tip :p

She was an adorable lady and I guess it's another 'experience' to go with the many I have had so far! The problem I am finding is that when 'Jane Smith' books a spray tan you have absolutely no idea who they are, what size they are or what their skin is like. My client was booked in quite last minute by her daughter but no-one mentioned that she was 82. The daughter dropped her off outside but then she was left with me and I had to get her to fill out my consultation cards etc before I tanned her and did her nails. She just said 'Oh you do it dear!!' so we went through it together and she signed them!! How on earth do you prepare for these unexpected situations?

Latest posts

Back