Is this time of year normally quiet for a new nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
As the title says.

I got really busy throughut august and first week of september but it's gone dead, I've got my regulars still booking in but no newbies :(

When will it start picking up?

I need to see some light at the end of that tunnel :D Give me some hope someone please x

Stick with it. It takes a couple of years before you are busy all year round even then we all have our quiet weeks, make sure you get all your existing clients pre booking appointments and try a recommend a friend offer for them.

Yeah it generally dips a little as mums go back to work and kids go back to school itll pick up dont worry x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

At this time of year people are spending money on school uniforms & dinners so just be patient. If you have regulars, word of mouth will do it's job soon :)

Thanks ladies x

I got so used to being busy, texts and calls during aug, it was wonderful xx

As the title says.

I got really busy throughut august and first week of september but it's gone dead, I've got my regulars still booking in but no newbies :(

When will it start picking up?

I need to see some light at the end of that tunnel :D Give me some hope someone please x

What were the August bookings? Were they holiday/wedding/special event clients? Have you seen any returning?

It does take a while to pick up business. The nail world is very saturated that potential clients have a lot of options! The msot important thing is keeping them once they get through your door :hug:

What were the August bookings? Were they holiday/wedding/special event clients? Have you seen any returning?

It does take a while to pick up business. The nail world is very saturated that potential clients have a lot of options! The msot important thing is keeping them once they get through your door :hug:

Yes I've gained about 6 extra regulars and the rest were holiday peeps :)

Roll on xmas! (fingers crossed)

I've been in the job 10 years and sept oct are my quiet months. Use the time wisely, accounts etc because come nov it will get busy again!

I was going to post something similar. I really felt lost this week with it being so quiet I had tones of emails and phone calls but no one wants this week they all want pay day. So I put an offer on to get people in this week and it still got no interest this week. Next year Im going to make sure I take this week off and have it as my holiday rather then taking a holiday in August. Least we learn though out the years :)

I have been stupidly busy since March it has gone back to normal again sept, oct and nov is always quieter people start thinking about Christmas and have other priorities

this is the first week since i don't know when that I've not had a full diary - i've had 4 slots this week unfilled. I utilised the time and made a (long needed) dent in my accounting

Never thought I'd be thinking this, but I am actually glad October's diary is a little less busy, otherwise i'd end up in meltdown from exhaustion.

Latest posts

Back