Is this too good to be true?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post this :eek: I was just wondering if you'd have a look at this and tell me what you think, it's the 36w that i'm interested in
Not-Only-Lights | Beauty Equipment Product page

Even with the vat added on it still seems too cheap??

Thanks

That lamp is the same as one i got when mine packed up and money was tight....to be honest its very basic...very light but it does the job. Even if it only lasts a year at that price i wouldnt mind.

Well this is what i'm thinking, I'll only use it to cure my finish gel. Did you get yours from here or was it just the same lamp?
When you say basic, what do you mean? what should I be looking for if I wanna go a little more up market!! it does say it has a 90 and 120 sec timer

when i say basic i mean no frills...it has everything you need.

The more upmarket ones are better built...nice to look at....ect.

Do you think it'll be any better than my little 9w bino?
Sorry for all the ?? :hug:

whats a bino...? :lol:

The 36w lamp is the same as the one I have, I only use it to cure my top coat uv gloss.
I'm not a gel tech, but if you are looking to use it to cure proper full gel nails, then I'd guess you come up with curing problems as, from what I've read on here, you should use the right UV lamp for curing your gels - like only a Brisa lamp for Brisa Gel, IBD lamp for IBD etc.

Yes sorry Bev I did forget to mention that with some gels you do need the right lamp.

I use Akzentz and this lamp cures them fine....as i am sure using just for curing a finish gel would be.

Hiya, yeah me too, i'd only use it for my young Nails Finish Gel, I have a little 9w bino lamp at the mo but I think it's starting to play me up :irked: so was wondering if one of these 36w tunnel lamps would be any better? not sure what the differences are between them? I'm thinking that the tunnel ones have the 4 bulbs all around so does that make curing better on the sides of nails etc????:o

I think you will get on better with this tunnel lamp than the other one...x

Don't know about the lamp, but the mini manicure lamp with magnifying glass looks great !

I feel a purchase coming on.....

M.

The pink one's so sweet :lol:

I too feel purchases coming on thanks for sharing

Always refer to your manufacturer to ensure the lamp will safely cure your system. Much in the same way you cant simply look at an L&P enhancement and tell if it was the right mix ratio, you cant just look at a gel enhancement and tell if it is cured.

As a side note, always ignore the wattage - it does not indicate the amount of UV output, it is more commonly used as a sales ploy to get you to think it has a high UV output since most technicians think wattage and UV output are the same (which they aren't!)

Anyhoo, best of luck!

The pink one's so sweet :lol:

Not so much the sweetness of it, but the magnifying glass that I'm after.

Could use it for threading too.....

I can't believe how cheap that is!!! It is identical to the one I bought from NSI a couple of years ago for £99.99 + VAT. Even the NSI one has no logo on it so I guess it's probably exactly the same lamp. It's been fine for me x

How do we work out or find out what the UV output is...?

Don't know about the lamp, but the mini manicure lamp with magnifying glass looks great !

I feel a purchase coming on.....

M.

Hold me back...I'm not SUPPOSED to be buying ANYTHING this week:irked:

Shhhhh or just don't tell anyone:wink2: :lol:

Latest posts

Back