Is your receptionist losing you business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i had a salon myself then I would do mystery shopper checks

oooooooooh!!!!!
Anyone want me to be a mystery shopper????? Please???? Will write a lovely long report about my experience with your therapist!!!!!

Was it a commission salon or a Booth'station rental salon? I use to have a menu with 'price ranges ' on it as we are a boothrental salon but they dissappeared so quickly that it ended up being too expensive and then I started to print them out at home on my one in all printer and I still couldn't keep up with them dissappearing, so now we have one at our stations.

The lady who owns the business is the beauty therapist. So no excuses there I'm afraid! I rent a room in a gym and ALWAYS make sure there are price lists available. Yes it may be expensive, but vital. Even if it was a one-off, there should be some kind of price list/treatment menu on the wall, so people can see what's on offer, surely.

Well the tech in question I think is quite senior in the company as she is also the company educator (it's a franchise) and the receptionist did say that they are getting someone full time quite soon. I am going to pop in and mention it to the tech, I think she was trying to help recommend various places to my clients, but an NSS for crying out loud! She couldn't quite understand my reaction when i said I'd never step foot in a place that butchers your nails.

But I do think it is very short sighted of the company not to train this lady, and that's not her fault.
Hmm, I don't know Sass, I agree and disagree with this statement....Yes, the company should throughly train their employees, but she should be asking some questions as well and educate herself, I for one would hate to be in the position where someone came to me asking questions and I didn't know the answers, as a receptionist and the "first face" of the salon she should take it upon herself to know what going on and how it's going on. But the company has first and formost responsibility. :hug:

My receptionists at home are often my family my husband told one of my newer clients,who rang for an appointment the other day(thinking it was a friend), that i was having a sleep(it was monday afternoon) because i had a drink problem and had started on the gin at breakfast:eek:

My receptionists at home are often my family my husband told one of my newer clients,who rang for an appointment the other day(thinking it was a friend), that i was having a sleep(it was monday afternoon) because i had a drink problem and had started on the gin at breakfast:eek:
:o How on earth did you ever clean that one up?? :lol:

Latest posts

Back