Isn't short hair fashionable anymore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faefae

Reaction score
I wanted to ask other hair geeks what you think, as I'm getting a lot of colour work and only trims, and not proper cuts or restyle; with celebrities and tv shows like TOWIE boasting extensions, I'm having less short cuts which I miss doing! I think people have become more daring with colour but not with short styles; don't women like to have short hair anymore?!! Or is having longer hair seen as more attractive/ feminine?

I welcome your thoughts and opinions with interest!x

I agree, the extensions are booming just now. I've only had 1 person ask to go short in a year! x

Yes long hair it defiantly the in thing, rarely get to do a good chop nowadays :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Same here. Last time I did a proper restyle (and it was only a tame bob) was about 3 months ago, but usually it's just trims and even then clients are scared to death they'll end up with hair that's too short.
What's even worse is that I've started noticing a trend for one-length long hair, I have clients who balk at the idea of a layer...very strange indeed!

Boo i have like 1 short hair client and even shes slowly growing it out. Boring.

Well I'm just one person out of many, but I've just had my hair cut short. I've gone from waist length to a pixie type cut ( don't know what hairdressers would actually call it lol)
Lost 12 inches of hair :)

I find even my elderly clients are trying something new with length , most of them say I don't want to look lime an old granny , and they think that having longer hair will make them look younger x

Last year my hair started to snap, the years of changing colours and bleach had finally caught up with me! So i had to get it cut into a short bob, but then i thought i would have a pixie cut to try it out. I loved it at first but i did feel like a little boy somedays, i have always had really long blonde hair so i did feel a bit less feminine! I am growing it now and it has just got into a short bob again, just another 6" to go!! : ( never again!!

Indeed, I hardly get anybody with short hair, especially in the under 30s.

It's a shame as it really can be a good look for some people- think it is just too much of a bold move to go from fairly long to quite short.

I've only had trims too the teenage girls with long straggly hair is awful I just want to chop it off lol

I have definitely noticed a trend in wanting to grow hair out long, but I still get a decent number of short cuts. I just think long hair is the look right now. A few years ago it seemed like everyone was going for a bob or pixie cut.

I've had quite a few of my clients having a drastic chop and they've all loved it, keeps them coming back for regular cuts as well.:D

Its all about long hair these days.. Even tho i think short hair can look really cute and sophisticated on the right person, just not me. Hehe #longhairdontcare :) x

I always had (as I call it) mousey blonde hair, it always looked dull and was just below my shoulders. Best thing I ever did was sit there and say chop it off! Then we dyed it a deep purple colour. I have never looked back at chopping my hair off, I love having a graduated bob. I couldn't imagine growing my hair out!

In the nicest possible way only older people or lesbians I no have short hair. :/

In the nicest possible way only older people or lesbians I no have short hair. :/

Bit of stereotyping there......
I have a lot ofyoung clients with short hair..... Not everyone follows a flock...

I do loads of short hair clients as well as long hair. Maybe we all get the clients we deserve?

wooohh that's a bit of a sweeping generalisation! I'm not particularly old and neither am I a lesbian but I do have short hair! trends will come and go but never underestimate the impact of an amazingly cut short hair style...look at Emile Sande...still bang up to date and relevant. on a personal note I'd rather stand out from the crowd and show some individuality than dissappear in the current sea of long haired lovelies xx

Im assuming that you dont mean me? I have short hair, I love it! And I get hit on all the time, much more then my freinds with dull, straight straggley hair which hangs around their face, elongating them and making them look equine. Oh and its guys hitting on me lol

Ps if 29 is old then im doomed
Pps.. if all your clients are having tge same hair style, be it long/short then its you who is at fault. Make suggestions and always finish your consultation by making a comment like "yeah, when you have finished rocking this shape I have a plan for your hair if your up for it, I am"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back