Isn't short hair fashionable anymore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I'm sorry I don't mean to offend anyone suppose it depends on your area ! Halle berry is suits short hair!

Lol I'm sorry I don't mean to offend anyone suppose it depends on your area ! Halle berry is suits short hair!

Its actually pretty offensive to both straight people with short hair and the sweeping generalisation that lesbians have short hair. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

In the nicest possible way, your clients are a reflection of your work.this is a rude and generic remark.

lol at momobile. short hair suits some people i think you need a really pretty face to pull it off Emma watson looks hot with short hair.

lol at momobile. short hair suits some people i think you need a really pretty face to pull it off Emma watson looks hot with short hair.

:) I did say anyone one I knew with short hair. Oh dear lol

In the nicest possible way only older people or lesbians I no have short hair. :/

That's a bit stereotypical isn't it? lol

I have lots of short haired ladies who are NOT old or lesbians, I think that if you are good at short cuts then people will seek you out to cut their hair - just sayin!

hey i've written many a statement that has been misinterpreted...

hey i've written many a statement that has been misinterpreted...

the trouble was momobile clarified their opinion later on, not so much a misrepresentation then eh? lol:D

That old/lesbian comment was so bad it went back to being good, something a mysoginistic hick might say.

I don't understand in what way you can be 'deserving' of clients with a particular preference for a certain hairstyle. It's called fashion, and long hair is in fashion at the moment, it never really went away completely anyway. Maybe it also depends on location, ie big city vs remote village.

Also you can suggest different styles to a client, but if they are stubborn and/or (hopefully) very comfortable in their own skin with the hairstyle they have, you really can't go hacking the whole thing off. The client is paying, therefore they have a say in what they want.

In the nicest possible way only older people or lesbians I no have short hair. :/

How is that in the nicest possible way? Ludicrous comment.
I do such a wide variety of cuts and colours. Many of my younger clientele are loving short pixie crops, undercuts and such like P!nk and Emelie Sandez. I do lots of extensions too. I think trends are just that - trends. If a face shape and body shape will suit short hair, thats what I would advise... I wouldnt ask if they were old or what their sexual preference was, its about what suits them right?
x

Would love to see a good pixie crop tutorial on here !! or a diff funky bob ! xx

I work in a salon so I've just been noticing we are getting less short cuts in general; it may be that I attract more colour clients due to having vibrant violet hair which is erm.....long lol! The stylists with short hair do tend to attract clients that go for the chop, so I guess it has something to do with the stylist's hair as well. But even the girls that used to get a lot if short cuts are struggling as we are getting a lot of long locks coming in. x

I have my head shaved on one side and just past my ear in the other with a sweeping fridge and I love it everyone says how much it suits me and I'm only 22 and my fiancé us deffinatly a man

My sister is a lesbian (she is not old and she has LONG hair btw) and I found your comments rather offensive and homophobic

I have short hair and nor am I old or a lesbian.

Short hair suits my face shape better than long and is more practical as I'm also a trainee nurse.

I also know a lot of people older then me who have long hair, its all about person choice at the end of the day

Maybe you should think about what your saying and how your comments may come across to others before you hit the send button next time!

LOL @momobile !! I hope short hair goes out of fashion so we can keep the extension fitting industry booming!! :D

After a year of growing out my hair I've gone back to having it short... I feel like me again!
Being a long haired lovely isn't for me, but the world would be boring if we all liked the same ;)

i have cropped hair just now, i had mine done as i was doing non stop extensions for a while there and got fed up looking at loooong hair constantly! I still do some funky short crops but the fashion seems to be back round to long beachy waves as it does every summer! x

think anne hathway. she brought the pixie crop back in. emile sande is rocking it. All i can say is trends will always have short hair included. xoxo

Here in the US short hair is all he rage at the moment... Extensions are just not practical for the every day woman, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back