Isopropyl alcohol, can I use anything else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annaw1479

Reaction score
Hi All

I just purchased and received my huge order from Sweet Squared and just realised that i stupidly forgot to order more Isopropyl alchol and i have totally run out, i have a client booked in for this evening and tomorrow morning so am not going to be able to get any to arrive in time, plus just been on a mad dash round all shops trying to find some, is there anything else i can use? I will be using Shellac gel polish for both treatments

Any thoughts would be really, really appreciated x

You could use cool blue? Or any other alcohol based hand gel. You could also use vodka lol!

Temporarily you should be able to use any strong alcohol, rubbing alcohol or sanitizer f.e.

Some sanitisers contain Acetone ... I would read your labels carefully before using them.

CND Cool Blue will tide you over until you can order what you need.

ps. Shellac is not a gel polish. :p

I buy mine from hardware store. And at a random stretch have used Vodka (38% alcohol) though that was a client that was also a friend!! It worked very well ;)

You could use cool blue? Or any other alcohol based hand gel. You could also use vodka lol!

LOL just read that...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

well i use 91% ipa that i buy from the drugstore. its only 8% diff anyways and it works fine! i have used 99% and i didnt notice any difference other than the price lol.

Unfortunately in the uk we don't seem to have 'rubbing alcohol' that's so freely available in other parts of the world from a chemist. If you don't have cool blue and if it's just a couple of clients until you get some you can use the sterile wipes for cleaning skin prior to injections, just check that they are the alcohol ones, you can usually get those in a chemist. x

I remember a few years ago Gigi came to Sydney to do a class (and have some fun), a student actually showed up with her alcohol in a used miniature vodka bottle ...... I am cracking up even thinking about this:p

I remember a few years ago Gigi came to Sydney to do a class (and have some fun), a student actually showed up with her alcohol in a used miniature vodka bottle ...... I am cracking up even thinking about this:p
I will never forget that class or that woman ... Or you for being there for me, Carl, and Mel. Loved you then and love you now! Xx

Hi All

I just purchased and received my huge order from Sweet Squared and just realised that i stupidly forgot to order more Isopropyl alchol and i have totally run out, i have a client booked in for this evening and tomorrow morning so am not going to be able to get any to arrive in time, plus just been on a mad dash round all shops trying to find some, is there anything else i can use? I will be using Shellac gel polish for both treatments

Any thoughts would be really, really appreciated x

I would pop to your local chemist, they know it better as Rubbing Alcohol, I have been told (by a chemist) that they normally stock 2 types; one is a 65% and the other is 99%. FYI - They also normally stock Acetone too.

HTH :D

Latest posts

Back