Isopropyl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariekia

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me is there anywhere that i can buy isopropyl over the counter.

Thank you for your help

It's a nightmare to get in the UK nowadays!!

I went into my local Boots who said they could order it for me, but it's shot up in price too - around £15 for 1 litre!!!

I've heard you can buy it online, but I'm a little concerned that you don't know what you're getting, it could be industrial or cut with other chemicals- you just don't know.

For goodness sake why not just buy it from your professional distributor? I really wonder sometimes what goes on in proples' heads when they ask questions like this one. Boots? For lords sake! :lol:

Where else would you buy it but a beauty wholesaler? I'm sure every distributor carries it.
D-Sperse from Sweet Squared 08452106060 is one source if you are a professional. It is not difficult or a nightmare to get hold of at all! Pros haven't got the slightest difficulty in buying it.

Last edited:
I was looking for it for cleaning make up brushes, which is why I wanted pure IPA, please correct me if I'm wrong (as it will save me money!) but I was under the impression that d-sperse wasn't pure 70-99% IPA but contained other ingredients (colourant/parfum etc)
When I used to buy it OTC it was always clear liquid (and I have been using it on and off for 10 years)

If I could buy it direct from a supplier I would, however when I contacted Ellisons and beauty express I was informed by both that they do not stock it.

I was looking for it for cleaning make up brushes, which is why I wanted pure IPA, please correct me if I'm wrong (as it will save me money!) but I was under the impression that d-sperse wasn't pure 70-99% IPA but contained other ingredients (colourant/parfum etc)
When I used to buy it OTC it was always clear liquid (and I have been using it on and off for 10 years)

If I could buy it direct from a supplier I would, however when I contacted Ellisons and beauty express I was informed by both that they do not stock it.

You really shouldn't be using IPA to clean your make up brushes it will dry them out. they sell special brush cleaner for this and you could also (at the end of the day) use baby shampoo to clean them

I second the baby shampoo...works great!
you might get better responces for make-up on the skin board :)

I've been doing it for 10 years with no problem!! I've never found a brush cleaner that dries quick enough for me that actually cleans them properly. I'm not telling anyone else how to clean theirs, just that this is my preferred method.
I also clean them every evening with a quality brush shampoo and do a deep clean and condition once a week.

You can get it from beauty express...£3.49 for 1litre xx

U can get 99% on eBay.

Latest posts

Back