It Was Me! Sorry Mr Gmg!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm afraid to say, I was the first person to have a demo nail done by Mr Sweet, and yes, I was the one who came over faint (thanks for your concern, Tracyann!:green: Were you one of those who fanned me?) I never got near the Creative stand again, so my beautiful nail didn't get finished:rolleyes: . I apologise for making a scene, I was so hot, and it came over me quite suddenly, the room started to spin, I knew I was gonna go down! I was wheeled away in a wheelchair through crowds of people to the first aid room, where the attendant told me he was a bit concerned about my blood pressure being low! It came up again, but not to a normal level, so he adviced me to see my doctor:eek: . I was there Monday too, and as soon as I got to the Creative stand I started to heat up again! I think they must have been placed in an area that got no circulation of air.

I would suggest though that the models are supplied with a chair while they are being worked on - if it happened last year and again after me, there's a pattern. I think it's 'cos it was hot, and Creative's stand is SO popular that the many bodies make the area even hotter.

I met several Geeks, thanks Laystar for my badge (I WORE MINE!) and hi to Debs & co. who I met at the EzFlow stand.

I had a nail done by Antony Buckley, OMG it's beautiful! I'm gonna try to put a pic of it on the gallery, unfortunately a couple of my rhinestones fell off Ruby (the name given to the nail - in honour of my mum - thanks Antony, she would have loved that!) Dunno how I'm gonna work with one long nail like that, but darn it, I'm gonna try! I'll keep it as long as I can!

I spent half as much again as I was planning to, and I bought things that weren't on my list, and didn't buy others that were!

Had a great time (eventually!), will I go back - YES! Hopefully I'll have earned loads to spend on more stuff!:cool:

Blimey Teena! Hope you are feeling better? I think you must just have been flustered being around Mr Sweet!! I've had it on very good authority that he is quite a dish! J xx

Jo Jo said:
Blimey Teena! Hope you are feeling better? I think you must just have been flustered being around Mr Sweet!! I've had it on very good authority that he is quite a dish! J xx
Strange you shlould say that, several people said it was his influence over me!!!

(sorry about the spelling - it's having this long nail that's doing it!!!)

Hope you're feeling better now, I've never been to Excel, just GMEX, and it's horrendous there too, I've always gone and found a quiet spot if I've ever felt like toppling over!

Dying to see Antony's nail - get those pics up!!!! :biggrin:

JackieMc said:
Hope you're feeling better now, I've never been to Excel, just GMEX, and it's horrendous there too, I've always gone and found a quiet spot if I've ever felt like toppling over!

Dying to see Antony's nail - get those pics up!!!! :biggrin:
You won't beleive this - BOTH MY DIGITAL CAMERA AND SPARE DIGI CAMERA HAVE DECIDED TO DIE TODAY!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I will get a piccy up somehow!!!

EDITED: Managed to get a piccy up before the camera died again! It's in my gallery.

Oh Teena! It must have been Sam who made you come over all funny peculiar!!!!

Teena_B said:
You won't beleive this - BOTH MY DIGITAL CAMERA AND SPARE DIGI CAMERA HAVE DECIDED TO DIE TODAY!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I will get a piccy up somehow!!!

EDITED: Managed to get a piccy up before the camera died again! It's in my gallery.
Wow, Ant did you proud didnt he?? It is so classy!! Love it!

Hi Teena
No don't apologise! That was me last year although fortunately I managed to recover and get my nail finished! Mr Geek was very concerned which was nice. I too have lowish blood pressure which doesn't help, but if the conditions were better you wouldn't have a problem. You're absolutely right they need more air and definitely chairs! If you're not under the lights it's also not so bad.

I waited until the end of the day and had a fab Brisa nail done by Amanda. However another model under the lights went down when I was there and was also wheeled away! I was at the show on Monday as well and it was like a morgue by comparison!

OOoo errr, that is STUNNING!

Kx

Lovely nail - thanks for putting up the pic. Just reminded me I bought some larger rhinestones...... must have a play with them later.

Latest posts

Back