Itchy burning...from Acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artsy Canadian

Reaction score
My firend who we had put acrylics on for a while suddenly in the middle of the night got an itchy burning sensation around her nails, so bad she woke up and had to rip them off it was hurting her so much! She had them on for a good couple of months so i can't figure out what happened. Anyone else expierience this or know what the cause could be?

It may be the type if primer used, try a bonder instead. Another reason might be the product. I find the cheaper the product the worst off.:idea:

try these ideas, Mia-NAIL ON THE HEA!

well my product isn't cheap that's for sure! Maybe I used too much primer? could that be it?

maybe you did use too much primer hun. how many times to you put the brush in the bottle and apply onto the nail? one dip into the primer should be enough for 1-3 nails.
When you apply the primer does it flood the nail? seep onto cuticle/sidewalls?

yeah but i thought if she was going to cause a primer burn and she flooded the cuticle with primer she would certainly know it straight away:eek:

Primer burn does last for a little while depending on the amount and length of time it was on the skin.................................but client will start to burn straight away not ages after

Bloss

My firend who we had put acrylics on for a while suddenly in the middle of the night got an itchy burning sensation around her nails, so bad she woke up and had to rip them off it was hurting her so much! She had them on for a good couple of months so i can't figure out what happened. Anyone else expierience this or know what the cause could be?
Firstly, I think you need to give a bit more info regards your friends acrylics.
You say she's had acrylics for a good couple of months, but obviously shes had infills in between? Surely this is not the same set from two months ago?
Secondly, who put them on? I don't mean you should name names but was it a reputable salon/technician and were the products used a reputable/recognized brand?

It sounds like over-exposure (sp) to me. I wouldnt put anything on her nails as its only gonna get worse. Iv have a client come in from another salon and it looked like 3rd degree burns up her finger because her old tech thought she'd give it one more go !

overexposure is probably the cause maybe touching the surrounding skin with the brush. stange that it should all of a sudden happen after having them on for 2 months:confused:

It sounds like over-exposure (sp) to me. I wouldnt put anything on her nails as its only gonna get worse. Iv have a client come in from another salon and it looked like 3rd degree burns up her finger because her old tech thought she'd give it one more go !
Yup, I agree. This is what I was thinking. Also, as I recently learned, l&p has a slow cure time, so if any 'burning' is going to take place it will do so in the first 24 to 48 hours. This may explain why she woke up in the middle of the night with a severe burning sensation. Whereas gel is cured almost instantly under a UV lamp.
The skin damage I suffered around my nails was the equivalent to a 2nd degree burn and my worst reaction was to L&P.

overexposure is probably the cause maybe touching the surrounding skin with the brush. stange that it should all of a sudden happen after having them on for 2 months:confused:

just wanted to say.. that i think the 'point' about overexposure is just that....you can have a treatment done continuously, and 'all of a sudden' have a reaction. This is just because your skin has reached it's tolerance level for that particular chemical. 'suddenly having a reaction' is a lot more likely scenario, than having enhancements applied for the first time, and having a reaction on that occasion.

Hope that makes sense... i only wanted to bring this up and make sure i'm correct in what i believe, because i have a client at the mo, who doesn't believe that she could have suddenly develop a reaction, so just checking!!!

:hug:

just wanted to say.. that i think the 'point' about overexposure is just that....you can have a treatment done continuously, and 'all of a sudden' have a reaction. This is just because your skin has reached it's tolerance level for that particular chemical. 'suddenly having a reaction' is a lot more likely scenario, than having enhancements applied for the first time, and having a reaction on that occasion.

Hope that makes sense... i only wanted to bring this up and make sure i'm correct in what i believe, because i have a client at the mo, who doesn't believe that she could have suddenly develop a reaction, so just checking!!!

:hug:
yes thats how I see it and I always thought that once you have a reaction to that product there is no going back.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm the Nail tech who applied her Acrylics! I know not to flood the nail with primer, or touch the skin with primer, so now i am thinking that wasn't the cause. I will have to ask her how soon after her fill she got the sensation, I wonder now if it was overexposure. Now she is wearing gels and is having no trouble at all with them so we were going to just stick with those.

Latest posts

Back