Itchy extensions??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Ok so I fitted my first full head of Lush us hair extensions around 3 weeks ago and my client is really itchy now any ideas why?? All suggestions appreciated thank you xx

It could be a number of things: My first port of call would be to check client has stuck to aftercare, she maybe using another shampoo. xoxo

May be matting around the bonds as that can be itchy? X

It could be a number of things: My first port of call would be to check client has stuck to aftercare, she maybe using another shampoo. xoxo

Hey I have asked her and I supplied her with a full after are package too, shes quite particular when it comes to this sort of thing so I don't think it's that but could it be that she maybe isn't rinsing enough? Or drying enough? I've offered to do a wash and blow dry and see how it is after but think she wants them out :-/ x

Hey I have asked her and I supplied her with a full after are package too, shes quite particular when it comes to this sort of thing so I don't think it's that but could it be that she maybe isn't rinsing enough? Or drying enough? I've offered to do a wash and blow dry and see how it is after but think she wants them out :-/ x

could it be she is getting little loose hairs it the bond?! i had one girl that was itchy at about 2-3 weeks, and when i checked them over she just had hairs that had came away from the scalp caught (she has a fast turnover of hair and fast growth cycle) once these little bits were tidied up and after another week the itching stopped completely xxx

i usually get itchy for the first few weeks and last few weeks myself also! best to go and have a look you'll probably be able to tell by the bonds and the scalp whats going on and you can fix it/reassure her, might just need a good wash and blow dry every other week by yourself xxx

Last edited:
Is she washing her hair enough? And properly? Totally rinsing? I always get an itchy scalp with extensions.
I've been fitting them for 12 years and been wearing them off and on for this time, And always itch.
Think some people are more prone to it. R there any lumps or bumps where she's been scratching?

Susan x

My clients have expressed this concern after first having them in - after a thorough chat , it turns out that they have not been rinsing shampoo and conditioner out fully. Try and get her to let you do a wash and blow-dry and see how they are after. Also i have one client who was slightly allergic to the metal in the micro rings? Maybe that is worth looking in to xx

Thanks everyone I'm trying to see if she will let me have an early maintenance appointment as it will be her first one it's free anyway. I just don't want her to have spent all this money for the sake of a few weeks wear. Also I've fitted extensions before its just my first lush us set so thought maybe it was the hair but I've seen a lot of people use it with no probs so don't think it is the hair xx

Latest posts

Back