Itchy scalp fix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sademc

Reaction score
My quick question is what would you do to decrease the irritation and itchiness a client (coworker in this case) experiences for up to a week after having WELLA 7/43 with 20 vol applied to their roots. The 20 volume is necessary due to the natural hair color and grey hair content. The itchiness isn't immediate it occurs within about four hours after having the color rinsed off.
My only thought could be cold water after processing and a hair mask used to moisturize the scalp or an oil of some kind.

Could you try an ammonia free product such as inoa or matrix colour insider (I don't know wellas ammonia free range!) as it could be the ammonia she is slightly sensitive to?

Also are you skin testing before each colour application? This could be a sign of an allergic reaction starting to develop.

We could possibly move to a different line. However we only use wella in my salon. We don't preform a s lk in test since it is a fellow hairdresser I work with. Would you recommend this?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using SalonGeek mobile app

My quick question is what would you do to decrease the irritation and itchiness a client (coworker in this case) experiences for up to a week after having WELLA 7/43 with 20 vol applied to their roots. The 20 volume is necessary due to the natural hair color and grey hair content. The itchiness isn't immediate it occurs within about four hours after having the color rinsed off.
My only thought could be cold water after processing and a hair mask used to moisturize the scalp or an oil of some kind.

Put sweet n low sugar substitute in the color, has no affect on color just calms the scalp. I have heard it works wonders. I have never used it myself as I don't have anyone with scalp issues like that 😃 knock on wood !!

I would skin test with a base 2 to see, it should just be the start of an allergic reaction. If you work in a salon and come in contact with colours all day you can sometimes build up a reaction.

I wouldn't advise adding anything to your colour. Your insurance won't pay out if you haven't stuck to manufacturers guidelines.

Sorry- It COULD be a start of an allergic reaction!

I'd bet money that's is an allergic reaction.

You must skin test especially because they work in a salon. As missread says, the more exposure to an irritant, the more likely your colleague will develop a reaction if she's already sensitive.

It might be that it's just that particular brand that causes a reaction so she could try something else.

Latest posts

Back