Itchy skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
For years and years I’ve had itchy skin on my legs and only my legs and seems to only happen on a night time. I’ve been to the doctors endless amounts of times and had a number of allergy tests however I’m not actually allergic to anything, recently I discovered it was mostly when I shaved my legs so ended up getting them waxed last week instead so that my legs weren’t irritated but this week they’re horrifically Itchy again!!! The only thing that soothes them is cream from the doctors but even then it only stops them itching for about 5 minutes!

Does it get worse if you have been exercising or walking a lot?
I’m just asking because my other half has had this for years and they gave him some tablets that fixed it xx

You could try the new aromatherapy blend 'lavender & chamomile ' from tisserand.
Lavender is soothing and healing, chamomile is anti-inflammatory.
It comes ready blended so easy to use.

Hi Beth, I am by no means an expert in this, but have you tried antihistamines to relieve the itching at night? I would also suggest trying a different GP, ask if anyone at your surgery has a special interest in dermatology. Not all GPs are well versed in dermatology....I know this from personal experience!

Hi Beth, I am by no means an expert in this, but have you tried antihistamines to relieve the itching at night? I would also suggest trying a different GP, ask if anyone at your surgery has a special interest in dermatology. Not all GPs are well versed in dermatology....I know this from personal experience!

Hi! Yeah I have but the itching is just so constant nothing really takes it away and it’s only on my legs! That is true I could try a different GP as the one I seen before told me only children get tested for skin allergies and get referred to a dermatologist... I will try though Thankyou for your help!

You could try the new aromatherapy blend 'lavender & chamomile ' from tisserand.
Lavender is soothing and healing, chamomile is anti-inflammatory.
It comes ready blended so easy to use.

I will Definitley try that Thankyou!!!

Does it get worse if you have been exercising or walking a lot?
I’m just asking because my other half has had this for years and they gave him some tablets that fixed it xx

I’m not really sure tbh I haven’t really ministered it that closely as it just seems to happen every night regardless of what I have done during the day! X

Hey Hun I don’t mean to scare you but have you had liver function tests done at the doctor ? I’m making worrying for nothing but I have an autoimmune liver disease and itching is a massive symptom of it and it’s worse at night and on legs. Maybe worth asking to have bloods checked . Hopefully it’s just something skin related. Xxxxx

Do you mean itchiness in the evenings when you’re feeling tired or when you’re in bed? If it’s when in bed, do you have 100% cotton sheets or a poly cotton mix? I stopped using fabric softeners with my washing a while ago because I don’t think they are good for your skin.

Really hope you find some respite soon.

Latest posts

Back