itec nail tec case study help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejojo13

Reaction score
hi

i was just woundering if there was anyone on here that has completed their case study's for nail tec i have them comming up and just wanted to prepair myself for them by seeing an example one, im not sure how they will want them!

if anyone can help please email me on [email protected]
just to let you know that i wont copy i just like to see the different styles of case studys before doing mine to see what is excepted!

nikki

Last edited by a moderator:
Most peeps are in bed now hun but dont worry you will get some replys tomorrow :hug:

Your college doesn't show you examples? Have you asked your tutor? We always gave examples out to the class to look through, i can see how it would be difficult to visualize without this.
Surely the tutor has at least one case study floating about:eek:

i'm in the middle of mine at the moment (although i should really be at the end ...) - if you go on the itec website there are some guidance notes you can download. basically these give you the headings that your tutor must tick to say you have done eg medical / lifestyle / treatment plan etc. so i just did mine with all those headings in, included a client profile (not that long) & photos & client comments.
hth - good luck!

with itec its really important to include aftercare , etc... also you have to write up for the course of treatments from 1st appointment to the end comparing clients feelings, how they liked/ dislinked treatments etc....

ie- jame came in fro a mani , really enjoyed it , her nails were a mess , bitten onycaphagy etc....
2nd visit , jane said she felt a lot more relaxed since last treatments and could see an improvment in her nails , bla bla .......
try incluse the proper names for disorders too , they look for that
hth xxx

add a comment bit for the client to fill in. if you are allowed to add pictures
that would be a bonus. make sure you add the treatment plan.

hi

also does anyone know which system to choose and why eg why acrylic instead of gel etc....

hi

also does anyone know which system to choose and why eg why acrylic instead of gel etc....

Hi, I've just finished my itec course. If your client is used to having long nails and doesn't have a manual job or lifestyle that could break the nails easily then gel would probably be better. It has a nice natural appearance but isn't as strong as acrylic. If your client wants extensions but isn't used to long nails or has a manual job then acrylic would probably be best. These tend to be a lot stronger but more bulky in appearance. Of course it is a matter of personal choice. If you were to apply gels to someone who isn't used to them then they would be more likely to break as you do use you fingers VERY differently with long nails and they do take a while to get used to!

I found that writing a client profile at the beginning of each case study helps to outline which treatment would be best. for example, works in a busy office using a keyboard so can't have very long nails etc.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info as I know only too well how much time case studys take up!!!

hi

Hi, I've just finished my itec course. If your client is used to having long nails and doesn't have a manual job or lifestyle that could break the nails easily then gel would probably be better. It has a nice natural appearance but isn't as strong as acrylic. If your client wants extensions but isn't used to long nails or has a manual job then acrylic would probably be best. These tend to be a lot stronger but more bulky in appearance. Of course it is a matter of personal choice. If you were to apply gels to someone who isn't used to them then they would be more likely to break as you do use you fingers VERY differently with long nails and they do take a while to get used to!

I found that writing a client profile at the beginning of each case study helps to outline which treatment would be best. for example, works in a busy office using a keyboard so can't have very long nails etc.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info as I know only too well how much time case studys take up!!!

make sure you include before and after pics

also nikki,
it's always worth putting your consultation form in with each case study and put a copy of your aftercare leaflet in your file.
anna:hug:
good luck

Latest posts

Back