Its all in the words

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Now before I start, I'd just like to say that this might just be me but I'd love to know what you all think.

If I have a problem I do a search and usually find oodles of answers and explanations to help me. Off I go to put my new knowledge into practice - with varying degrees of success, sometimes I just haven't grasped it.

Sometimes, maybe weeks or months later I will read a post that has 'my problem' mentioned and someone different explains it in a way that makes a light bulb go on in my head and it all falls into place. I always feel like kissing the person responsible but usually settle for a thank you PM.

It is not always the same people and not always the most experienced but obviously on my wavelength:eek:

Yes it's the 'oh, now I get it!!' moment isn't it.

That's the beauty of this site, there are so many different people giving different opinions and with different ways of doing things that eventually someone somewhere will come up with the answer you've been looking for.

I love it!

Couldn't agree with you more Adele. I know exactly what you mean. Suddenly :idea:, lol. I do enjoy doing the searches as I often become totally engrossed in something else which has absolutely nothing to do with what I was searching for in the first place:lol:, but boy, do I find it interesting. And suddenly, something clicks and I understand what I didn't before.

Couldn't agree with you more Adele. I know exactly what you mean. Suddenly :idea:, lol. I do enjoy doing the searches as I often become totally engrossed in something else which has absolutely nothing to do with what I was searching for in the first place:lol:, but boy, do I find it interesting. And suddenly, something clicks and I understand what I didn't before.

I do this all the time Tracey, that's why a quick half an hours geeking turns into 4 :lol:.

I know exactly what you mean too Adele, I think sometimes it can be hard to explain what you mean on a pc but if you could see it I think for me the penny would drop quicker but I do get there in the end.

It does take a while sometimes though:rolleyes:.

Teri x

I do this all the time Tracey, that's why a quick half an hours geeking turns into 4 :lol:.

I know exactly what you mean too Adele, I think sometimes it can be hard to explain what you mean on a pc but if you could see it I think for me the penny would drop quicker but I do get there in the end.

It does take a while sometimes though:rolleyes:.

Teri x

i know where you coming from too flower. if someone asks me summit, (example - how do i do ????, i try to come to there level of knowledge, and i DONT mean that to sound awful at all, but i think you know what i mean). i find it easier to SHOW someone, rather than type the answer. it makes such a difference. i had a fellow geek at my house today, and wanted a question answered, i explained and SHOWED her how to do it, the penny then dropped (her words). thankfully the geek went home happy, and knew exactly what to do.

i know where you coming from too flower. if someone asks me summit, (example - how do i do ????, i try to come to there level of knowledge, and i DONT mean that to sound awful at all, but i think you know what i mean). i find it easier to SHOW someone, rather than type the answer. it makes such a difference. i had a fellow geek at my house today, and wanted a question answered, i explained and SHOWED her how to do it, the penny then dropped (her words). thankfully the geek went home happy, and knew exactly what to do.

I am a very visual person so if you could just hop down here on a plane and give me a few demos that would be great !!:)

I am a very visual person so if you could just hop down here on a plane and give me a few demos that would be great !!:)

you pay for travel, and ill stay at your house - then im on me way flower :hug:

you pay for travel, and ill stay at your house - then im on me way flower :hug:

Hmmm this is tempting, a 121 all day every day and someone to blame the booze consumption on:green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back