It's all moving too fast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as some of you may know, I'm hoping to open my own salon around Christmas time. I had most things worked out and everything was going to plan. The main reason I set Christmas as a target opening date was to buy some time to get everything done and save up some money.

But stupid me went and had one of my bright ideas last night. Once a year my town has this swap meet, it's like a massive garage sale with hundreds of stalls. By the end of the day, your feet are absolutely killing! So I decided to offer foot massages for $5 at the swap meet. I would print up heaps of cards offering my other services and hand these out to everyone, great advertising I thought.

Now the problem! The swap is only 5 days away!!!!! Why didn't I think of this sooner. I haven't even registered my business name or got insurance. I could do this straight away and start offering the services I have the equipment to do. I just can't afford to buy spray tanning equip, makeup range, etc for a few months.

What am I going to do? I don't want to wait untill next year to do this. Maybe this was the push I needed to get started.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy???

Why don't you print the date that you're salon will be opening, therefore, hopefully people will keep the flyer (they do) and dig it out sometime in the future and they will have your contact details. You may not know what the salon phone number will be yet but why not put a mobile (cell?) no on so they can at least get in touch.

Good luck xx

Why don't you print the date that you're salon will be opening, therefore, hopefully people will keep the flyer (they do) and dig it out sometime in the future and they will have your contact details. You may not know what the salon phone number will be yet but why not put a mobile (cell?) no on so they can at least get in touch.

Good luck xx

Good plan, and regards to insurance, why not phone one and ask to be covered as a mobile tech for the time being, so that you are at least covered for doing the foot massage. You could then change it when you open your salon.:hug:

Oh, well that makes sense, I didn't think about doing any of that.

See my bright ideas only go so far:lol:

Thanks

You can get insured with Professional Beauty same day I think. Call them and check. That way you can go ahead as planned. Take plenty of flyers and price lists with you :green:

Latest posts

Back