Its my flipping nail table not a piece of furniture!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Ok not as truly angry as the lil icon but still my partner is doing my head in!!! I have told him countless times do not touch my nail table - dont put your bag on it - dont chuck change on it - dont put your dirty fingers on it - I disinfect the bloody thing every time I use it - its not just a piece of furniture!!!

Well today what did i catch the cheeky begger doing?! Roling CIGARETTES on it!!!! AHhhhhhhhhhhhrrr lol. :grr::grr::grr:

He has now been told (his an electrician) " Im going to use your tools to clean the dogs teeth" :lol:

Ok deep calm breaths - or perhaps I will just give him a :smack:
:green:

You go girl!!!! LMAO!! Give him a slap!!!! :) I'd be just as annoyed also!!! Pay back time me thinks!!!! :lol:

lol give him a slap from me. they just don't get it do they!
definately pay back time:)

I have 3 words for you: CAST IRON PAN

Wave that at him, and he won't touch your table again.

I discovered my hubby dumping crap at my table, and waved my cast iron pan at him (I happened to be cooking at the time), with the look something like that evil devil icon, on my face. I told him I was gonna crack him upside the head with it (my cast iron pan) and advanced on him, waving it about (yeah, isn't that a picture? Mini me, all 5'4" and 110lbs, threatening all of him 6'4" and 220lbs HAHAHA)
He hasn't touched my table since.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mine comes in and asks me stupid questions while im doing a client.. me thinks he doesnt take me seriously!! anyway.. that lasted a minute because i threatened to turn up at his work and ask him how his pedicures are helping his feet..and that he is booked in for his usual mani's!! (he works on trucks with big hairy truck "men")..

mine comes in and asks me stupid questions while im doing a client.. me thinks he doesnt take me seriously!! anyway.. that lasted a minute because i threatened to turn up at his work and ask him how his pedicures are helping his feet..and that he is booked in for his usual mani's!! (he works on trucks with big hairy truck "men")..

pmsl hun i bet that shut him up eh rofl you go girl :lol:

In the beginning, hubby didn't take me very seriously. He took me seriously in the sense that it was a legit job/career choice, but he didn't have much faith in 'it' but all the while, he supported my efforts.

He even searched for and found the most cost effective way to build my table and built it himself.

However, he's always been very courteous and conscientious in front of clients. He'll offer coffee/beverage. If it's a pair of young'un's, and one is hovering over the shoulder of the other trying to watch, (if I've forgotten); he'll offer to get them a chair to sit on to watch (I do have sofas, but sometimes the young ones like to sit closer to watch). On the odd occasion when weather is bad and it's late or whatever, and my client is very young, he'll INSIST on driving them home. While I make it clear to them that he won't do it all the time and they've all been very appreciative and have never taken advantage of his generosity (of course, most night's he's in bed sleeping before my last one leaves.. so hard to take advantage if he's already sleeping).

He's paid for advertising occasionally, to help out because he sees that it DOES work. He's offered ideas.... he'll ask why one takes longer than another and when I explain he'll say "oh, she's not respecting her nails, is she?" Or "ah well, it's not you, it's her, everyone else is happy and doing well, so she's just banging them up" or whatever.

I have to say I'm VERY lucky
BUT

I have started buying my flex wrap in 'pink' so he'll keep his mitts off of it. Bandaids dont' stay on him very well, and he often uses that to help them stay on.
Now that I get it in hot pink, he does't touch it anymore
:lol:

Not had a problem with my nail table, but don't get me started on my dining room becoming the junk room or the table being covered in teenage junk:irked::irked:
So when we moved to the bungalow I didn't even try with the lecture, I just got rid of the table, and adopted a policy of anyones stuff that gets left where it shouldn't be finds its been chucked on their bed and if they cant find what ever it is, TOUGH but now problem's solved, he's in the army and she's at uni:green:

My boyfirend calls my career "her little nail thingy".. dont get me wrong in all aspects he is wonderfull.. he has been a practise model for me countless times.. and if i buy a new scrub or oil he always lets me try it on him.. he has sat with me when i have been practising and bought coffee in..

One day i sat him down, after countless comments like.. "its not that hard.. anyone could do it.." and gave him a tip blu tacked to a polish bottle and said.. go for it.. do an overlay.. well blimey what a mess.. (a mess he was very proud off).. but yea he realised that its not just a case of painting it like nail polish..

ah, i dont know what it will take to get him to take me seriously, but luckily i dont care.. cause i take it seriously enough for the both of us.. and im no longer the sort of woman who would compromise myself for any man.. infact the less he knows the better.. because lets face it.. when my deliveries come, or i get back from the w/s he is at work.. and the legend of the 'magic restockable salon' is alive and well!!

Well my darling hubby doesn't disrespect my furnature... because he makes it!.. I have a gorgeous Swamp kauri nail table (which is a conversation piece in it self as the wood is aproximately 1000-1500 years old), in fact I'm the one who gets a bit of grief when he sees something I have worked with has eaten off a bit of the finish on the table.. he swipes it, sands it down and refinishes it (a bit like me and nails.. cant stand seeing a scratch or imperfection in anyway)

Well my darling hubby doesn't disrespect my furnature... because he makes it!.. I have a gorgeous Swamp kauri nail table (which is a conversation piece in it self as the wood is aproximately 1000-1500 years old), in fact I'm the one who gets a bit of grief when he sees something I have worked with has eaten off a bit of the finish on the table.. he swipes it, sands it down and refinishes it (a bit like me and nails.. cant stand seeing a scratch or imperfection in anyway)

mine fixes all my eletricals.. my dust extractor screwed the pooch.. and he fixed it.. but i would love if he could make me stuff! you so lucky!!

mine fixes all my eletricals.. my dust extractor screwed the pooch.. and he fixed it.. but i would love if he could make me stuff! you so lucky!!

its sooooo good having nice solid wood furnature rather than flat pack cheap nasty stuff lol... its good to have a guy with tallent lol ... electricals good too thou.. what we really need is to collect one from every trade lmao

its sooooo good having nice solid wood furnature rather than flat pack cheap nasty stuff lol... its good to have a guy with tallent lol ... electricals good too thou.. what we really need is to collect one from every trade lmao
LMAO. That's it. A builder, electrician, plumber, mechanic, hmmmm what else do we need.

LMAO. That's it. A builder, electrician, plumber, mechanic, hmmmm what else do we need.
I can cover your painting and decorating needs.. hehe.. an accountant and a janitor will do me!!!

mine's a dry cleaner, so no ironing to be done. Also handy for getting wax etc off uniforms!

Mine's a mechanic - useful when you're mobile!!!!

Mines a systems analyst, handy with the computer but death to cars, decorating, electrics, plumbing etc etc etc etc

Latest posts

Back