IT'S OFFICIAL! (and about damn time too LOL)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
It's official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are now ENGAGED:!::green:

2239544050045647838jcDHej_th.jpg

After 9.5yrs, 2 kids, a house and all sorts of insanity.... Le Voila! My xmas present of 2007.
OF COURSE, I cried like a baby... AFTER I finished laughing.:lol:
He was trying to put the wrong ring on me:lol:

It's a set, engagement ring and band. He was trying to put the band on, and I had to tell him he had it wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol:

We're doing it this year. I don't know when, we haven't sorted it. It will be something small, of course. Not only can we not afford something big, but I see no sense in going in debt for a wedding. Something small and intimate is more appropriate and more my style.

Shall keep you posted.

Could this year get any better? What a difference from last year.:eek:

I couldn't be happier.
Now, today, I'm off to the jewellers to get it resized. (as like with most things with me, too big, haha)

As for the rest of xmas... kids were spoiled rotten. Hubby loved his gifts... everyone was happy, ate like pigs and now I'm BEAT:lol:

Giant hugs to all of you, and hope your xmas's were as fab as mine

xoxox

Victoria - I am sooooooo happy for you and wish you all the best.

But - you cant have a small do cause we all need to come!

:hug::hug::hug:

Congratulations!

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. :hug:

S

aww congrats hun, xxxx

Victoria many congratulations - you sound very happy and excited - fantastic news ! How lovely ! :hug:

Forgot to ask - did he do the full proposal thing on one knee or was it all planned?

Congratulation Victoria. What a wonderful Christmas surprise.

Thanks!!

Well, yes and no, to it being 'planned'.

We had always discussed marriage as something coming in the future. A foregone conclusion. But, in all honesty, he was 'scared', having seen so m any divorces PLUS budget.... that didn't help. He had proposed once, many years ago, but without the required 'ring'.. so it didn't really count.
Last year, he gave me what I & my friends call a "shut-up" ring. :lol: A small amethyst 'Promise to get a better ring later" kind of ring:wink2:

I had been nagging for quite some time, pointing out I wasn't getting any younger and wanted to look like a 'bride' and not the 'mother of the bride' when the day comes. that I really didn't give a rats' A** what kind of ring, or how small the wedding, as long as we did it. My mind was made up.. there's no one else for me. As crazy as he makes me sometimes.. no one makes me feel better about myself or more loved than he does. I could not ask for better. I love all his faults and all his idiosyncrisies.. and everything that makes him 'Him",... even if I yell sometimes :lol:

I had honestly thought he'd forgotten me this christmas.. with all the other stress we'd been going through (him changing jobs twice and other crap)..
After it was all said and done.. and kids were playing and we were cleaning up the xmas mess of paper..
he got down on one knee... removed the promise ring and said
"when I gave you this one, I didn't mean it" (which I knew)... but this time, I do with all my heart, we will do this 'THIS' year, I promise" and etc....
He put on the new ring (well, he tried to put on the wedding band:lol: until I pointed out through tears it was the wrong one) and there ya have it.
Chatted, smooched, cried, blah blah....

Today I am off to the jewellers to have them resized...

He made a 'slight' goof, having forgotten that all he needed to buy was the engagement as I planned to wear my Nana's wedding band.. but ah well. I won't remind him. I'll just keep wearing it on my other hand with my promise ring. I'd rather wear what he chose (even if it's bulkier than I would have chosen shhhhhhhhh) than change rings.

Here's a picture of the set:
2919223770045647838S425x425Q85.jpg

So guess what I'll be doing for the next while?:lol:
Planning the classiest but simplest wedding I can on a minimal budget.
The great news: in all likelihood, my hall will be FREE. I have 'connections' and can use space at the Canadian legion. Even if only 20ppl, at least it's somewhere for a group to get together, and have a blast without annoying the neighbors.:green:
WHOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Thanks again for sharing my joy.

What a great year:
business booming.
my driver's license.
My own car.....
NOW THIS:!::green:

And who better to share this joy with than my own geeks who supported me through my depression last year at this time.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

congratualtions Victoria

I saw your picture had changed on facebook and thought aww what a fabulous ring. Im made up for you sweet
love an hugs
Debbie x

Your rings are beautiful.....love them.
So happy for you.
Congratulations!
:hug:

what a wonderful announcement victoria.
i'm so happy for you:hug:

congratulations.:green:

Congratulations i hope you will be has happily married has i am xxxx

Woohoo!! A geeky wedding to look forward to! I LOVE the rings.

Congratulations to you both, and I hope you'll both be very very happy.:hug::hug::hug:

How lovely, congratulations hun:hug:

Congratulations to you both.....

Love the rings.......

Congratulations hun,
i think he has done rather well in his choice of rings, they are not that bulky,
good luck with all the planning hun and we want loads of piccys as we cant share your fab day oxoxox

Congratulations:hug:
The rings are beautiful xxx

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!!!

Congratulations to you both. He is a lucky man!! Wishing you all good things for your future together. X X X

Congratulations hun, fantastic news xx

Latest posts

Back