It's Official!!! I'm going Creative!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st person you tested your nail 'ability' on?

• Your Best Friend?

Votes: 49 58.3%
  • Your Mum?

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • The girl down the road who no longer speaks to you?

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo Jo

Reaction score
For anyone left on the planet that I haven't yet told..... I'm finally doing it!! (The CND Foundation course that is!!), start this Sunday in Notts and I'm as excited as a squirrel with a big bag of nuts going back to his tree to eat em!!! any pre-course advice or tips??? Jxx :D

I originally trained to do nails so I COULD DO MY OWN.

The first set I ever did on anyone else apart from myself was my daughter (Mrs Geek aged 15) then, her friends, their mums. their relatives, their friends and so on .... amazing.

From little acorns .....

Hi Geeg, I know alot of people say this but it is oh so true, thank heavens for this website!! I work by myself in my salon and as a relative newbie have no-one to ask 'is this right' etc... In hindsight I did things a bit upside down and set up a salon without actually working for someone else in one, so I am brave enough to say..... I did it the wrong way! So although I have a couple of certificates on my wall I am going back to basics and doing the foundation course, something I should have done in the first place but... we live and learn! Jx

Hi Geeg, how do I add options to the poll? can it be done?

Jxx

Sorry, couldnt put an answer in box, cos same as Geeg, my first customer was my 15 year old daughter and then her friends. I trained so I could save them money doing their nails!!! We all have the strangest of reasons. Partly because I thought of paying for my daughter to do a course when she is old enough as a way of her getting work to pay for some of her university costs (no she's not there yet, but it is expensive!!!). When I found out what was in teh course, and that she was too young, I though I liked the sound of that! :D Not regretted it - I love nails, hands and nails some more! :p My story is I get more girly as I get older! ;)

Same as you with the salon, opened the salon too early really, should have tried work experience, but difficult because of many many circumstances (mainly that the ones within easy reach are ALL competition). But you will get there in the end!

Good luck, enjoy the course, just listen carefully and practise everything a 100 times over. Lastly ASK QUESTIONS :?: :?:

Lesleyx

Thats a very sweet reply, thank you so much, it's good to know I'm not the only person who opened too soon! all best wishes Jo xxxx

has been used for practising not only nails but also enjoying the benefits of CreativeSpa and Solar manicures. She is now a total convert and for someone who never wanted her nails done in the first place but was bullied into "helping out", she now loves everything about nails and has become my best customer and biggest promoter :D She even came with me to Olympia and Excel and can't wait till next year for more of the same.

Haven't told her yet but I am looking into doing an airbrush course next so she will be walking around with "pretty" nails soon (she actually won't polish her nails coz she loves the p/w look!).

Shaza

Okay, my first nails were done on my partner - and he's a Brickie, :shock: so when I painted them red to check for lumps, bumps etc., you can imagine the response I got. It was the family joke for ages because my brother came back before I had chance to soak them off. Needless to say he bought me a nail trainer pretty soon after that :rolleyes:
Bless him though he still lets me have the odd go ;)

Like Geeg and Lesley......I have to say, my eldest daughter has been a tremendous "guinea pig" for me! She is still sporting her pink and whites from when she agreed to be a model last week on the 3rd day of my FDFC! :sunny:
Of course.....she has to keep em fairly short as she too is 15 and plays the cello and she gets an enormous amount of grief from her tutor!

Just as a close....Pink Rainbow......you will be thoroughly impressed with Creative.......I realise now that everything I thought I knew was worthless! Try and forget what you think you know and just be guided by your Ambassador.....they really do know what they are up to! Thanks again to Jane Cook! :thumbsup: Luv Ya!

Ohhhh and practice practice PRACTICE!

Hi all

Just to add along this thread, if after you have done your FDFC with Creative and you want to open a new salon, if you spend a certain amount with creative (can't quite remember, but not huge amount) you get a free days training :p

I have had this today (I think it is technically called detailing, but am not sure!!!!!) :!: Katrina Kneebone, my Ambassador from Plymouth is THE BEST :D Ihave learnt so much today - she was so encouraging, taught me many many new little techniques and has inspired me even MORE :p

So to all you others remember this, it was SOOOO worth while (am shattered with learning so much - but was so pleased with results of all I learnt - had a sublime Spa Manicure and have to book 2 courses 2moro!). Next Real Rebalancing, then Fabric - I am having fun :!:

Good luck to you all with your Foundation courses, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Lesleyx

Hi all

sorry, computer died whilst uploading message, couldn't delete 2nd copy!!! So got rid of most of text.

Lesleyx

Have to say i did them on my best friend who i actually consider to be my second mum. Thanks to her she showed her nails to a lady who some of you may know as she is in the industry.Tracy Sargeant owns her own salon and doesn't have a nail tech yet.She saw the very first set of nails i'd done since training and has said i can do two days a week at her salon.

Just sending out leaflets so waiting to see what response we get.......wish me luck. Thw weird thing is although i am confident at doing nails and they are pretty good its very nerve racking when you are in a salon. I hope i'm not the only one who gets that feeling??:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back