Its time to give up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the powers of Photoshop!

I laughed at the woman who asked about my mother and so did she when I told her, but the other woman really annoyed me! She could have just thank you and went elsewhere, there really is no need to be quite so personal!

Yes i know some people have no morals and dont ever think of how what they can say could really affect someone. I would never had the front to say that to someone if i really didnt want it done by a 16 year old i would have made up some silly excuse rather than make someone feel toatally worthless.

She missed out on a good deal and a nice tan... :green: When im looking natural and tanned hehe xxx

Just got another booking for tommow :green: xxx

Things are looking up already! Just remember this is only one person's opinion on you ... there are lots of others out there. Don't give up!! x

Well done and try to get as much practice on friends and family as you can..offer them a reduced rate for this week maybe and see how many great pics you can get for your site x

Hiya,

Just had a lady book in for her and her friend for a spray tan, she rang 20 minutes later and canceled because of my age.

Came onto the salongeek from my website and rang up and said that i have had hardly any experiance and that she dont want a spray tan from someone who is 16.

yes ive sat here and cried and have now decided to give up this is too much for me ,and sick of people judging me for my age when my age has nothing to do with spray tanning its more important that im trained,insured and have plenty of practice which i have had with family,friends.

So if anyone would like to buy a spray tan machine pm me x
Hey age has nothing to do with it..get the confidance level up...cancelled appointments are the name of the game...next week will rock...wait and see.....you made an investment when you came into the industury which you felt good about...why waste all that young energy...couple weeks from now you will be wondering what you were worried about...get out there..when youve just started offer discounts..as your confidence level rises then your away :hug:
DONT GIVE UP..You Will REGRET IT...

just read this read.....so pleased your not giving up hun.....thats why we love salon geek.....people can advice us best and they have....do your job tomorrow with your client......you will do your best as thats why you trained hun xxxxxx

just read this read.....so pleased your not giving up hun.....thats why we love salon geek.....people can advice us best and they have....do your job tomorrow with your client......you will do your best as thats why you trained hun xxxxxx

Thanks hun, im excited tommorow for my job :green: ill let you all know how i get on and if my nervs makes me talk a load of c**P lol xx

Glad to hear you have brushed yourself down and are now looking forward to tomorrows booking,
i bet 90% of us lot on here would swap with you in a snap and be 16 and you can be our age hun,
don't let the silly woman get the better of you, you go ahead and get your business booming and yourself a really good rep for your tans, she will be the sorry one then,
besides you will be old o too soon, you enjoy been 16 while you can :hug:

:hug:Rebeccah, there's something that crossed my mind...
And I'm sure that other geeks have run across similar.

I used to get my nails done by a "pro" MANY MANY MANY years ago (umm about 15-20?) and you know what?
SHE DID A CRAP JOB!! I was bleeding, I'd have to go home and correct the shape, etc....... But, I didn't know better.
She was 46 with 10yrs experience.....

Age and years of experience mean BUBKUS in some cases.
It's a natural skill, plus continuing education PLUS a DESIRE to be great.

I see absolutely no reason why in about a year or two's time why you can't have full books if you market yourself the right way, etc....

And keep in mind: we all gotta start somewhere. You'll have a few hiccups along the way, just like the rest of us. Starting up -NO MATTER YOUR AGE OR EDUCATION - is HARD!!!! You've got youth on your side in terms of stamina.
ANY business can take up to 2 or 3 years to be doing well. Patience darling, you gotta earn your rank just as we did.

YOU CAN DO THIS AND WILL!!!

Giant :hug:

Glad to hear you have brushed yourself down and are now looking forward to tomorrows booking,
i bet 90% of us lot on here would swap with you in a snap and be 16 and you can be our age hun,
don't let the silly woman get the better of you, you go ahead and get your business booming and yourself a really good rep for your tans, she will be the sorry one then,
besides you will be old o too soon, you enjoy been 16 while you can :hug:

Aww thanks hunii :hug: I wont she was a snob and abrupt, i dont feel 16 i feel like im 21 ive always acted older than my age hence why im starting my own bussiness its been my dream for a long time and its now come true :green:.

Hehe yes ill enjoy my young years as im scared to get old lol xx

:hug:Rebeccah, there's something that crossed my mind...
And I'm sure that other geeks have run across similar.

I used to get my nails done by a "pro" MANY MANY MANY years ago (umm about 15-20?) and you know what?
SHE DID A CRAP JOB!! I was bleeding, I'd have to go home and correct the shape, etc....... But, I didn't know better.
She was 46 with 10yrs experience.....

Age and years of experience mean BUBKUS in some cases.
It's a natural skill, plus continuing education PLUS a DESIRE to be great.

I see absolutely no reason why in about a year or two's time why you can't have full books if you market yourself the right way, etc....

And keep in mind: we all gotta start somewhere. You'll have a few hiccups along the way, just like the rest of us. Starting up -NO MATTER YOUR AGE OR EDUCATION - is HARD!!!! You've got youth on your side in terms of stamina.
ANY business can take up to 2 or 3 years to be doing well. Patience darling, you gotta earn your rank just as we did.

YOU CAN DO THIS AND WILL!!!

Giant :hug:

Oh no :confused: Not good it does show no matter how old you are you can do a bad treament (if you havent taken full training) tut tut.

Thanks again for your fab words , im actualy impressed and glad that ive started young as by the time im 18-20 ill hopefully have flocks of clients and i also have plently of time to learn more in the beauty industry which i hope to do. I am proud of myself as i didnt think id do it but i have normally i get ideas and then they seem to not come to anything but this has, which is great, my mums well proud :green: Espesh the fact that i dropped out of school at 12, im a self employed girl like my mum.xxxxx :hug:

important lesson of the day #1 what goes around comes around
important lesson of the day #2 cream rises to the top
important lesson of the day #3 keep on keeping on

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

important lesson of the day #1 what goes around comes around
important lesson of the day #2 cream rises to the top
important lesson of the day #3 keep on keeping on

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Absoloutly fantastic words :green: thank you xx

Last edited:
Aww thats so true hunii, i will take up these great ideas & will be keeping my age to myself for now till im at least 18.
No-one needs to know your age at anytime. It's all about how competent you are to do your job. There are people who go back to training in their 30s, 40s or older. They're no more competent in what they do than what you are.
There will always be clients who think you are too young, too old, too black, too white, too short, too tall, too fat, too thin - you get the point. What other people think of you is their problem. Word of mouth on how good you are at your job is what will get you clients. I had one client who told me he'd try me out and see how I was at massage. Not a great confidence builder and I felt like telling him to shove it. Lucky I didn't. As a result I've had 12 more clients referred to me directly from him or through one of his referrals referrals.
Just ignore the knockers because you will always get them in life. Some people have nothing better to do but put people down and enjoy being nasty to others. All part of being a grown up.:irked:

It's good to see you've picked yourself back up. I often get people who when they meet me think that I'm inexperienced because they always think I'm very young. I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them I have a 13 year old daughter. I actually had a woman accuse me of lying the other day. LOL. It was pretty funny.

There are some people out there set to make our lifes difficult, I've had some very rude clients over the years, had one last week in fact, but 99% are lovely people.

I personally don't listen to them now, I just think you don't get anywhere from being nasty.

One thing I would say is maybe be careful what you say on here, if clients are finding you on here and you are saying how nervous, scared etc you are it will put them off, maybe do a blog or something?

Good luck with your tan today.

PS I've now done 350+ tans, when I first started I can remember going away from the client's completely petrified that I'd done a bad job. It's quite normal to be nervous and worry and think oh they will call cos I missed a bit.

I have to say I've only had one lady who came back for a little patch I'd missed, this is something I've covered by turning the client round and spraying the back of their arms gently at the end, everyone has their own technique but I adapt my own now and it seems to work.

Hi

I've just read this post with mixed views. Yes the client is being a bit snobby but I can kinda see where she is coming from, and unfortunatly we all have to accept that some clients will not want a younger therapist, just as I am sure some clients would not want an older therapist.

It shouldn't put you off, and I am glad it hasn't. Spray tanning has nothing to do with age - only skill!! You seem to have practised alot and so this will speak volumes!

In your photo in your hair thread you don't look 16, so unless a client asks there is no need to say anyway.

I am only 21 and I set up my own salon (renting two rooms) and was told by the hairdressers not to ever mention my age! Well bugger that, I don't care, I know I am good at my job regardless of my age! This is how you should feel, and I think by now with all the geeks advice you see this!

Keep going hunni, you are clearly doing well, even if people are cancelling at least they are FINDING you! One job that is difficult to do!

Chin up and spray on,

Love becki xxx

Hi

I've just read this post with mixed views. Yes the client is being a bit snobby but I can kinda see where she is coming from, and unfortunatly we all have to accept that some clients will not want a younger therapist, just as I am sure some clients would not want an older therapist.

It shouldn't put you off, and I am glad it hasn't. Spray tanning has nothing to do with age - only skill!! You seem to have practised alot and so this will speak volumes!

In your photo in your hair thread you don't look 16, so unless a client asks there is no need to say anyway.

I am only 21 and I set up my own salon (renting two rooms) and was told by the hairdressers not to ever mention my age! Well bugger that, I don't care, I know I am good at my job regardless of my age! This is how you should feel, and I think by now with all the geeks advice you see this!

Keep going hunni, you are clearly doing well, even if people are cancelling at least they are FINDING you! One job that is difficult to do!

Chin up and spray on,

Love becki xxx

Thanks hun, its very true & ive realised that i cant keep attempting to give up with every little knock back i get , life & business is full of knock backs its just something that happens to test to see how strong we really are.

Its just offensive when people judge you on how u look,your age etc. But oh well ill live lol.

thanks for your support xxx

from now hun you must take a landline telephone number from anyone wanting to make a booking.

Hiya,

Just had a lady book in for her and her friend for a spray tan, she rang 20 minutes later and canceled because of my age.

Came onto the salongeek from my website and rang up and said that i have had hardly any experiance and that she dont want a spray tan from someone who is 16.

yes ive sat here and cried and have now decided to give up this is too much for me ,and sick of people judging me for my age when my age has nothing to do with spray tanning its more important that im trained,insured and have plenty of practice which i have had with family,friends.

So if anyone would like to buy a spray tan machine pm me x

Hi,
its been some weeks now since your origional posting...so how are you feeling now looking back over the weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back