I've been outta the game for too long!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMaxwell

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Charlie, 28 and I have had quite a long break from the Beauty industry. Probably about 8 years!!

I was super into Beauty, lived and breathed it at college, done a few inter college and World skills competitions, worked at the graduate salon within my college, finally gained my NVQ level 3 and went out into the big wide world.

To be honest, I think I was young and had a bad experience working in another salon and just gave up. I was getting really bad anxiety and just didn't want to go to work.

Ended up working with kids for around 3 years and then at a GP surgery for 5 years (had my two children 5 and 3 between) and now currently working in IT. I'm looking back and regretting giving up and not sticking to it. I am thinking about getting back in to it again, I mean all the knowlege and skill is still there somewhere lol.

Has anyone been in a similar position or could recommended anything to slowly get back in to it?

Thanks,

C x

Last edited:
Hi if you want to do it go for it! I was working in beauty since leaving school and then stopped 9 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter I kept saying when she was younger that I was going to do more courses as obviously lots of new treatments about but it’s only now that I’ve started a microblading course, honestly if it’s what you want to do go for it xx

Hi if you want to do it go for it! I was working in beauty since leaving school and then stopped 9 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter I kept saying when she was younger that I was going to do more courses as obviously lots of new treatments about but it’s only now that I’ve started a microblading course, honestly if it’s what you want to do go for it xx
Thanks for the response Sasha! I just don't know where to start. I feel like a salon or spa wouldn't take me on as it's been so long since I've worked in a salon.

C x

Hi I’ve just gone back after 13 years and I went to a spa and I have loved being back, I do a zero hour contract so I pick my hours and it’s been great, I have loved getting back into it and looking forward to learning so many new treatments. id say go for it, you have nothing to lose and they will train you as well.
l x

Hi I’ve just gone back after 13 years and I went to a spa and I have loved being back, I do a zero hour contract so I pick my hours and it’s been great, I have loved getting back into it and looking forward to learning so many new treatments. id say go for it, you have nothing to lose and they will train you as well.
l x
How have you been finding it? Did you find it difficult to get accepted for a job because you haven't done it in so long.

Also, did you remember most of the stuff you learned at college?

C x

It’s been really good, I didnt find it hard getting back in, and I was super nervous about remembering stuff but I made revision cards, and it has virtually all come back.

l x

Can I ask which microblading course you did please?

Latest posts

Back