I've done the Bio Sculpture course-left a bit confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I done a bio sculpture course today (just the overlay not sculptures) and the teacher was great and I learnt exactly how to apply al products.

However we never actually done a full application (as we just done one of our own nails and then practiced on the glove) I was told when doing a full application, to do just two nails at a time (this is with the 30second led lamp)

Now this seems silly to ask but how exactly do you do this? Do you start with the two thumbs? And if so how- do you do exec base on all nails then the gel base on two thumbs, cure then do the colour and rest of the application on the two thumbs then do the other fingers?

Or do you do base on two thumbnails cure then do the rest of the fingernails with the base gel (doing two at a time and curing) - going back and forth with both hands then repeating with the colour and the rest of the procedure?

If anyone could let me know exactly what they do I would really appreciate it.

Also, is it two fingers at a time because it's a led lamp? As my mum had bio done in a salon and they used a different bio lamp and said the therapist done the nails like normal-one whole hand base gel- cure nails in lamp and whilst curing do base on other hand. Could this be because it's a diff lamp? What would happen if I done it like this in led lamp?

Im not bio trained but I trained in Calgel 3 weeks ago & that seems to have a simular set up to bio. I've had to readjust my brain after several years of 5 finger cureing with Shellac!

I was told we do 1 or 2 nails them flash cure as if we wait too long the gel shrinks back from ghe free edge & looks horrid & causes service breakdown, might be the same? A flash cure is about 30 secs in UV, so this should work for you!

Calgel has no base as such, but i complete the fingers to The final top coat stage before starting the thumbs so the thumbs sre not sticky & picking up fluff along the way :)

So when sat facing the client i take their left hand & apply pinkie & ring finger, in the lamp & 30 sec cure
While curing i take their right hand & apply index & middle then 30 sec cure
While curing i go back to the left hand & apply middle & index, 30 sec cure
While curing take the right hand & apply ring & pinkie & 30 sec cure.

I then do both thumbs. I have 2 Calgel lamps so its easier, but this should still work with one lamp, both thumbs should fit at the same time xx

Latest posts

Back