i've had the worse clients EVER

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula1973

Reaction score
Ok, i don't normally moan about any of my clients and love most of them to bits, they have become my friends, But this week i have had the clients from HELL!!! Well two of them actually and i feel the need for a moan so i'll apoligise now if i go on lol.
It all started on wednesday, had a new client booked in for a full set, said in the appointment book that it was a bride, everything seemed fine, then she walked in. Sat down to do my clents nails asked her to fill in her client card and then i headed for the kitchen for a bowl of soapy water and a nail brush, one of the therapists said i thought you were doing acrylics, and i said (through gritted teeth) I AM!!! I had to soak and scrub her nails and they still looked and smelt like she had been digging through a manure pile with her bare hands!! I felt SICK!
I asked one of the other girls to come and help me prep, i wanted this client out of my air space asap, after the client had left the girl who i asked to help me prep chased me round the garden saying that is the worse thing she had ever seen or smelt, Do some people not care at all about personal hygiene?????
Then my second client from hell was today, she's a very nice lady who i applied a full set to about 4 months ago, she was in for a soak off and full set, so i asumed she had been somewhere else as i hadn't seen her, well she hadn't!!! it was the same nails, half had come off and for the past few months she had just been gluing them back on each time, needless to say she had the worse case of water mould i'd ever seen, it was disgusting,and yet she was so blase about it, all she said was never mind it's only to be expected!! I don't give after care advice for the fun of it!! So i didn't put a new set on, the mould had eaten through most of her nails, i cleaned them up the best i could and she's coming back weekly (i hope)
Ok i feel better now, is it just me?? thanks for the moan
Paula xx

ooh what a week , never mind its friday at least you can go out and get ratted lol, hope you have a better week next week , love dee

I wish, still tomorrow to go! God knows what install for me lol

X

never mind pet - just as well you dont get them like that EVERY WEEK eh

Hi Paula - Must be a Gosport / Fareham thing. I had a client a while back and she was disgusting. My nick-name for her was pigpen (from the Snoopy cartoon) and that was being kind. She came in with hair so greasy that the stylists in the salon thought it was wet - and the smell, I never want to smell that smell again. I have one of those fuminator fans, and I had to keep it on all the time to try and take the smell away. Her coat had to be kept away from all the other clients so it didn't contaminate them! But that SMELL, my god I nearly threw up 3 times when I did her full set. Couldn't talk in case I breathed in that smell. When she left the salon we would have to spray all over with air freshener. Shame really cos she was a sweet thing and I really liked her. So you have my sympathy. AS for the other one - WHAT A PRAT! Where do they come from - planet Zarg! (good luck at Excel)

I think it happens to all of us.Some of the disgraces I have had to deal with when coming in for a tan are outrageous. I know fine well if I were going for a tan I would be clean and fresh but some, the minority I have to say are disgusting and I wonder why in fact, they are coming in for a treatment if they don't take that much personal care in the first place.

You can excuse overgrown B lines to an extent, but sometimes the odours are reediculous.

Have to say have only had one nail client who fits into this category, thank god!!!

paula1973 said:
Ok, i don't normally moan about any of my clients and love most of them to bits, they have become my friends, But this week i have had the clients from HELL!!! Well two of them actually and i feel the need for a moan so i'll apoligise now if i go on lol.
It all started on wednesday, had a new client booked in for a full set, said in the appointment book that it was a bride, everything seemed fine, then she walked in. Sat down to do my clents nails asked her to fill in her client card and then i headed for the kitchen for a bowl of soapy water and a nail brush, one of the therapists said i thought you were doing acrylics, and i said (through gritted teeth) I AM!!! I had to soak and scrub her nails and they still looked and smelt like she had been digging through a manure pile with her bare hands!! I felt SICK!
I asked one of the other girls to come and help me prep, i wanted this client out of my air space asap, after the client had left the girl who i asked to help me prep chased me round the garden saying that is the worse thing she had ever seen or smelt, Do some people not care at all about personal hygiene?????
Then my second client from hell was today, she's a very nice lady who i applied a full set to about 4 months ago, she was in for a soak off and full set, so i asumed she had been somewhere else as i hadn't seen her, well she hadn't!!! it was the same nails, half had come off and for the past few months she had just been gluing them back on each time, needless to say she had the worse case of water mould i'd ever seen, it was disgusting,and yet she was so blase about it, all she said was never mind it's only to be expected!! I don't give after care advice for the fun of it!! So i didn't put a new set on, the mould had eaten through most of her nails, i cleaned them up the best i could and she's coming back weekly (i hope)
Ok i feel better now, is it just me?? thanks for the moan
Paula xx
Hi Paula, Poor you.
Remember I am a teacher, therefore in yours and everyones interest I have to point out that what you are calling 'water mould' (havent heard thatone in about 10 years!!!:) ) and 'mould' is in fact neither and is a bacterial infection.
As professionals we must learn to call things by the right names.
Mould does not grow on live human beings!!!!

Green nails are a bacterial infection not mould.

Everyone say it 10 times!! :rolleyes:

Hiya Paula,
Poor you with those 2 clients :rolleyes:
I remember one client I saw when i first qualified, She too stunk to the high heavens. When I was checking her nails for contrandications I nearly died she had dried blood under her free-edge on her middle finger of one hand (well I dont know to this day if she had been picking her nose and made it bleed or was it from some other area of her body urgh).
Some people :rolleyes:

Sorry geeg, my frustration and madness must have caused my brain to cease!
Love Paula x

Well I did have to laugh after reading the last one, but seriously how disgusting and you always get one. I haven't had any clients for nails like that yet, but when i was covering for the boss of a local salon and doing her waxing for her I had a couple of yukkies! One for eyebrows, her breath stank and like you was afraid to breathe in, she also gave me the creeps. The other one who wanted her legs waxed obviously had not washed her feet, cheesy or what! The odd hair wouldn't come out so she would sit up and pull the hair out with her filthy nails, uh.

Honestly some people!

Deb379

I am very lucky so far, i have never had to deal with bad hygiene. I just seem to get all chronic nail biters and oily nail plates. Never mind you learn to deal with the worse side of things it makes you appreciatte the finer ones.

Wow im reaching for my gas mask at the very thought! 4 months, what a loon!

eeeerrrrrr! Not sure if im looking forward to becoming a nail technician now!! lol only joking I cant wait!!

Tina xxx

I first read this today when I was eating lunch - yuk!

well i felt awful for you paula there is always one !
it could have been worse she might have asked for a pedi too !

BUT blimey i feel real sorry for the poor bloke she is marrying !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
he`s gotta sleep with her.

Said it 20 times Gigi as I thought that water mould was the correct term - got taught it on my original training (not LCN I hasten to add!). So from now on the dreaded greeny will be a bacterial infection. Thank you!
geeg said:
Hi Paula, Poor you.
Remember I am a teacher, therefore in yours and everyones interest I have to point out that what you are calling 'water mould' (havent heard thatone in about 10 years!!!:) ) and 'mould' is in fact neither and is a bacterial infection.
As professionals we must learn to call things by the right names.
Mould does not grow on live human beings!!!!

Green nails are a bacterial infection not mould.

Everyone say it 10 times!! :rolleyes:

sarah haslam said:
Said it 20 times Gigi as I thought that water mould was the correct term - got taught it on my original training (not LCN I hasten to add!). So from now on the dreaded greeny will be a bacterial infection. Thank you!
Hi Sarah, I can never understand how this myth still abounds!! I am aware that some still teach things like this (can't believe it but am aware of it:)) but it is hard to believe when it is constantly highlighted in magazines (Scratch Myths) and textbooks plus this site (see Mouldy of fun Guys under geek articles)!! Anyway you are now on the right track. :) I wish everyone was!!

shropshiredawn said:
well i felt awful for you paula there is always one !
it could have been worse she might have asked for a pedi too !

BUT blimey i feel real sorry for the poor bloke she is marrying !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
he`s gotta sleep with her.
well, they say there is some one for everyone. he's probably just as bad as her, birds of a feather flock together ! :lol:
i keep getting this creepy bloke asking for nail extentions wher i work , and you can smell him when he walks through the door. i've managed to fob him off with the fully booked excuse so far, but he is fairly persistent. what should you say to someone who is so dirty you cant bear to touch them, he clearly doesnt have the first clue about the type of hygeine required to keep heathy nail extensions.i think he has mental health issues too, which is not a problem for me, but i dont want to appear unkind or unprofessional when dealing with him. frankly i wouldnt touch him with somebody elses barge pole for a million pounds, but whats the proffesional way to refuse someone on the grounds of hygeine ?

Hiya AF. we had a similar chap into the hair salon I work above. He was really freaky - kept asking if we could cut wigs! Well he eventually came in for a hair cut and when he took his hat off he was BALD. He was obviously a biscuit short of a packet so the girls carried on in case he got funny. So our poor junior had to wash his HEAD adn then our stylist gave him a number one , she said there was the merest hint of stubble on the blades. He keeps trying to make apps so we now told him we don't do men!!!! Came in aonther time with s clown's purple wig on - he's not all there and it's a bit scarey, so just say to your guy that you only treat ladies.
angel fingers said:
well, they say there is some one for everyone. he's probably just as bad as her, birds of a feather flock together ! :lol:
i keep getting this creepy bloke asking for nail extentions wher i work , and you can smell him when he walks through the door. i've managed to fob him off with the fully booked excuse so far, but he is fairly persistent. what should you say to someone who is so dirty you cant bear to touch them, he clearly doesnt have the first clue about the type of hygeine required to keep heathy nail extensions.i think he has mental health issues too, which is not a problem for me, but i dont want to appear unkind or unprofessional when dealing with him. frankly i wouldnt touch him with somebody elses barge pole for a million pounds, but whats the proffesional way to refuse someone on the grounds of hygeine ?

Watch him Sarah,
As you know i'm nearby and did used to work in a hair salon, this man sounds very familiar,he's definately a biscuit or two short of a packet he goes mad when he's put in with a man and has been thrown out of a few salons i know, he likes being put in with females because he plays with himself under his gown!! Bloody disgusting i know, but watch out!
love Paula x

Latest posts

Back