I've just booked my theory test!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
eeeeekk!! It's in 2 weeks time, I figured if I don't just get it over with im likely to never.

I really need to get driving this year as financially it will make me better off, I've lost count of how many clients I have to turn away as I'm not mobile.

I've done about 30 driving lessons over the past few years. So I know how to drive (ish) lol got some more lessons booked in over the next few weeks.

I've got a theory book & a highway code book so I'm going to step the practicing up now as I'd be gutted if I fail. I've got a couple of apps on my phone too that I use. (might add that I've been failing the mock exams :eek: usually by 1 or 2 questions)

Any tips? how many times did you do your theory before you passed? (my friend took 3 times, hoping I'm not the same) how much did you practise? xx

Woo hoo have fun and good luck.

I passed my theory first time and just kept practising online before hand.

I passed my practical second time and had had 23 lessons at this point. Only decided to learn as i realised I could get a cheap car for same cost as a double buggy lol so I sat my second test when I was 4 days over due with Erin... Went into labour a couple hrs later with excitement I think x

You'll be fine

It's not too bad, try not to stress about it! When I did my theory I failed the first time by 1 mark, but passed the next one by lots even though I stupidly didn't revise between the two, so think they're a bit hit & miss but definitely do-able, I really worried about it before I went in but was fine once I was there. I probably didn't revise as much as I should have done though, if I'm honest, so you'll be fine if you actually read some of the books! Definitely practise the hazard perception part too as that's the bit a lot of people tend to struggle with. Good luck! :) x

Good luck hun am sure you will be fine :D

I am hoping to book my theory as I have now changed the address on my provisional ( naughty me been living here for nearly 2 years eek ) My gran has said she will pay for my theory as an early birthday pressie. Hoping that I can pass first time as I have been driving for nearly 10 years now having had professional lessons and hubby lessons!! xxx

eeeeekk!! It's in 2 weeks time, I figured if I don't just get it over with im likely to never.

I really need to get driving this year as financially it will make me better off, I've lost count of how many clients I have to turn away as I'm not mobile.

I've done about 30 driving lessons over the past few years. So I know how to drive (ish) lol got some more lessons booked in over the next few weeks.

I've got a theory book & a highway code book so I'm going to step the practicing up now as I'd be gutted if I fail. I've got a couple of apps on my phone too that I use. (might add that I've been failing the mock exams :eek: usually by 1 or 2 questions)

Any tips? how many times did you do your theory before you passed? (my friend took 3 times, hoping I'm not the same) how much did you practise? xx

Hey first of good luck :)

I passed 2ed time as I studied my little heart out and passed with nearly 100% but failed on the bit were you have to click if you see a hazard.

I passed about 3 years ago now and used the ds game to pratices. I found it was the same as the actaul test. Same lay out, same questions and same order.

Personally I think its a compele waste of time as if I Redid it now with out pratising I would fail.

I couldn't tell what colour lights were at the exit of the motoway with out looking, and I found a lot of questions had nothing to do with driving.

Good luck and keep us updated :) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Good luck hun am sure you will be fine :D

I am hoping to book my theory as I have now changed the address on my provisional ( naughty me been living here for nearly 2 years eek ) My gran has said she will pay for my theory as an early birthday pressie. Hoping that I can pass first time as I have been driving for nearly 10 years now having had professional lessons and hubby lessons!! xxx

That's what's stopped me in the past from booking mine, the address issue haha.

Cost me £20 plus postal order costs, it just came through the post last week so thought right that's it! it's now getting booked. x

Woo hoo have fun and good luck.

I passed my theory first time and just kept practising online before hand.

I passed my practical second time and had had 23 lessons at this point. Only decided to learn as i realised I could get a cheap car for same cost as a double buggy lol so I sat my second test when I was 4 days over due with Erin... Went into labour a couple hrs later with excitement I think x

You'll be fine

wow 23 lessons is good! & passing when your overdue with baby is even better! I think it'd of sent me in to labour too, haha x

It's not too bad, try not to stress about it! When I did my theory I failed the first time by 1 mark, but passed the next one by lots even though I stupidly didn't revise between the two, so think they're a bit hit & miss but definitely do-able, I really worried about it before I went in but was fine once I was there. I probably didn't revise as much as I should have done though, if I'm honest, so you'll be fine if you actually read some of the books! Definitely practise the hazard perception part too as that's the bit a lot of people tend to struggle with. Good luck! :) x

I haven't got a computer at home only my iphone so i might have to pop down to the library to use the computer to practise hazard perception. unless there's a hazard perception app I can buy? xx

Hey first of good luck :)

I passed 2ed time as I studied my little heart out and passed with nearly 100% but failed on the bit were you have to click if you see a hazard.

I passed about 3 years ago now and used the ds game to pratices. I found it was the same as the actaul test. Same lay out, same questions and same order.

Personally I think its a compele waste of time as if I Redid it now with out pratising I would fail.

I couldn't tell what colour lights were at the exit of the motoway with out looking, and I found a lot of questions had nothing to do with driving.

Good luck and keep us updated :) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Thanks holly :) xx

Your going to be fine xxxx

I have my first lesson on Wednesday in 17yrs!! My instructor said don't worry it'll all come back you, I'm a wee bit scared though!

Haven't sat behind the wheel since I took my test and failed when I was 18!

I have a lesson Wednesday too so hopefully it'll be a good day for us both.
fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you Clare xx

My advice is don't panic. With theory just revise and you'll be fine! With your test like I said don't panic I found soon as I started to think if I pass great if I don't oh well nothing changes. And boom I passed just because I relaxed :) have faith in yourself. GOOD LUCK! :D

Good luck! You get plenty of time so don't rush/panic!

Btw i revised off my iPhone apps only and passed first time so you should be fine :) I remember that sinking feeling I had when the test actually gets "confirmed" lol and it's even worse when you book the practical test haha xx

Best of luck:biggrin:

Good Luck!

I passed second time - reason being I didnt really do any revision everyone - literally everyone told me it was common sense and Id be fine problem was they forgot this was ME and I have no common sense!

So second time round I passed YAY

You'll be fine xx

Well I passed mine first time round but now have to do it again as I kind of gave up in lessons after I failed my 2nd practical.
I read through the theory book, practiced on a site that had mock tests and used a cd rom. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself and don't worry about it (easier said than done).
They have recently changed the theory test and I find it seems much easier now. It's more like putting yourself in a situation e .g You are driving on a clear night. There is a steady stream of oncoming traffic. The national speed limit applies. Which lights should you use? Full beam headlights, dipped head lights, sidelights or fog lights?
It's more like common sense especially if you have experience driving which you have with the amount of lessons you have done.

Good luck with it and I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours :)

Omg today's lesson was horrendous!

I've coming home an hour ago & I'm still a bit shaky. my instructor who i thought was lovely! actually shouted at me today :eek: for not turning the wheel enough. It was absolutely chucking it down with rain & he made me drive on all the wet, bendy, busy roads, I could've cried. I kept my speed down a bit I think it's because I was mega nervous with the weather being bad & he said 'Jesus woman what's wrong with you today'!!

I've coming home thinking is driving actually for me? :( x

Oh lush lash I feel for you. I had a really awful nutcase of an instructor when I was 17- I gave up after 3 lessons and the experience put me off so badly it's taken me 9 years to feel brave enough to try again (first lesson next week!)

I hope you can just put it down to the bad day, and keep going xxx

ok I've decided after lying in bed awake thinking for most of last night! That im not doing any more lessons with that man, he's a bit of a creep to be fair.. calling me princess & sweet cheeks all the time (which I thought was him just being friendly, but my OH thinks not lol) & when I first started with him he asked me if my occupation was a pole dancer & did my husband mind me getting in cars with strangers :eek: I just thought he was having a bit of a joke.. but even so! rather uncomfortable to say the least. plus other comments he made which I won't go into.. was rather odd of him, but I let go in one ear & out the other as I just wanted to get my lessons over with.

Decided I'm changing though, currently on my landline trying to get through to a driving school in my area so I can do a few more lessons but in an automatic car, I'm still having problems with the whole gear thing, even approx 30 lessons down the line :eek:! so I'm going to have a blast in an automatic & see how it goes.

Anyone else auto? xx

Latest posts

Back