I've mixed my spray tan solutions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellebelle

Reaction score
Help help help! I was being a total spanner and too busy talking to my client when I poured about 450ml of nouvatan 12% into a 10% bottle which contained about 600ml and realised when it reached the very top of the bottle!

What will this do to my solution and can it still be used? I am so cross with myself and really don't want to throw it away :Scared:

E x

Ahh things happen especially when busy!
I'd say if they are the same brand it will make the solution an 11% tan but not 100% sure! Xx

Help help help! I was being a total spanner and too busy talking to my client when I poured about 450ml of nouvatan 12% into a 10% bottle which contained about 600ml and realised when it reached the very top of the bottle!

What will this do to my solution and can it still be used? I am so cross with myself and really don't want to throw it away :Scared:

E x

Yes you can still use it, it's fine, when you mix 50% of 2 shades you get the middle so you have an 11 but more towards a 10 as it wasnt 50% of each, just make sure it's well mixed and tell your clients it's going to be a tad darker than the normal 10 but not as dark as a 12, this way in a few month time they won't say that it's not as dark as normal. Even tho I don't think it will make a difference from a 10.

Pour a bit of 8% in there and make it back into a 10%!

You've got about a 10.75%, don't panic, it's fine! Just fingers crossed that nobody asks for the exact same tan next time! Xxx :)

I accidentally mixed nouvatan with LA fast tan, approx 50 ml nouvatan with 200 ml LA - and it was fine, I was the guinea pig and it gave a really nice colour! X

Thank you All I was hoping this would be the case! I have lovely clients and I'm sure they won't bat an eyelid. As long as it doesn't go patchy it will be ok:hug:

Latest posts

Back