IVF 15 yrs on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
Have done a search but could only come up with replies regarding people going through IVF now.
My question is, does IVF have LASTING effects on your nails?

I had a new client yesterday who said IVF ruined her nails. OK I've heard this before but then she went on to say she was on IVF when she was 27, now she's 42!! Unfortunately her attempts were never successful, does this also make a difference?

She said her last set of gels just peeled off leaving no damage underneath (I cheCked and there was no damage to her natural nails other than a vertical split that was clearly not caused by 'ripping' nails off). I applied l&p (tip and overlay) and she has booked a further 2 maintenance app's so I shall be able to tell more in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, does anyone have any answers/suggestions?

HI Claire Amy

Dont know whether you are aware I went through IVF last year and in my opinion it had no long lasting affect on my nails what so ever.

During having the treatment is was wearing L&P with tips and were fine. From November to about May I have had Bio gel overlays (with the occasional sculpt), but since then have had completely natural nails.

My nails are at the minute the strongest they have ever been (thanks to the Bio overlays IMO) so if anything my nails have become stronger since the treatment.

Just remember though that we are all different and it could be possible that this person just has week nails anyhow, regardless of having the IVF or not, so I would treat her the same as you would a normal client with problem nails.

HTH

I had IVF treatment over 20 years ago, it made no difference to the condition of my nails.
Until the age of 48 I wore my natural nails very long, but about this time they got a lot thinner/weaker and I now wear Brisa Gels HTH

I had IVF treatment just over 10 years ago and it has certainly not had any lasting detrimental effect on my nails.

Cant say the same for my nerves though - twins can play havoc with your nerves LOL.

me too - no change in my nails either.

I'd say the woman has the same nails as she has always had!

amb x

can I ask what is IVF?...

edited :I've gotten a pm....thanks OEY !

"quote:
I had a new client yesterday who said IVF ruined her nails.

She said her last set of gels just peeled off leaving no damage underneath (I cheCked and there was no damage to her natural nails other than a vertical split that was clearly not caused by 'ripping' nails off).

If there was no damage to her natural nails, how can they be ruined, no offence meant, it just doesnt make sence to me, sorry.

gee .... I can't see for one minute how this would be true,
mine are the same as they have always been, and I can't really see how having IVF would have changed them? anyone?

yep Fiona maybe your nerves lol but we wouldn't have it any other way !!
I didn't realize there were so many of us who had had IVF xx

Wow, So many geeks who've had IVF. Thanks for your replies from first hand experience, can't get any better than that!

The client said that her nails were 'ruined' by IVF as they used to be long and strong and since then they split at the free edge and are very weak. She didn't say the enahncements were what ruined her nails (hence why I mentioned there was no damage to the nail plate).

Looks to me like her nails have naturally become weaker. Maybe she's had a trauma to her nail with the vertical split, I'll ask her next time. She's maybe blaming it on the IVF as it started happening around the time she was getting treatment. Hopefully I can do a good job on her and she'll be pleased.

Thanks again for your input :D

i had ivf too for my first child - it didnt ruin my nails - but my over filing did :sad:

xxxxxxxxxxx

i'd have to agree with everyone else, ive had 4 lots of ivf & it didnt cause any damage to my nails - infact the only damage done to my nails during IVF treatment was done by ME biting my extensions off from the stress during the 2 weeks you have to wait to see if it had worked :biggrin: !!!

The client said that her nails were 'ruined' by IVF as they used to be long and strong and since then they split at the free edge and are very weak. She didn't say the enahncements were what ruined her nails (hence why I mentioned there was no damage to the nail plate).
OH sorry, My bad. Thanks for explaining :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back