Izettle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsXpress

Reaction score
They are now running it out so that we can take visa payments!!! Yeah!!!
Just need to update the app on my phone I think as it isn't showing yet. Some people are already using it today. Can't wait to go home to update it. Won't update without wifi.

Actually we are waiting for Apple to do the update on the app. Whens thats done then I can use it.

For those who dont know about it, it is a gadget that you attach to your phone, iphone, android, samsung too so that you can take credit card payments on a mobile basis. My clients have seen it and they love the fact that they can pay me at home, in the salon etc.

Its a free gadget, yeah!!! We like free!

You just open the app, plug in the izettle, take the payment, send the client a receipt to their phone, hey presto, done!
For visa payments its slightly different, but not too much of a problem.
They are working on it with Visa, to be able to take payments the same as other cards. It shouldn't take too long for that to happen.

'Im just glad that in the next few days I can start using my izettle since actually getting it in June!

A big plus is that the payment fee is just 2.75% no other charges! That is less then Paypal, which I am currently having to use. Paypal charge 3.4% + 20p per transaction.

So for a £25 service I would get charged £1.05 with Paypal.
If I was able to use izettle I would only have been charged 85p, more money in my pocket!

I will let you know how it all goes in a few days.

Oh that's awesome! I have iZettle but havent been able to use it because it seems my clients only have visa haha x

You can use Visa with it now!!

I have an izettle reader too but haven't used it yet because of the visa thing. My worry is what if your somewhere with a poor signal and it doesn't work? How would you go about getting payment?:/

I have an izettle reader too but haven't used it yet because of the visa thing. My worry is what if your somewhere with a poor signal and it doesn't work? How would you go about getting payment?:/

That issue is exactly the same with a mobile card payment machine, they run off a SIM card so it has poor signal (like in my shop) it doesn't work.
My ipad however runs off the free wifi in the area :) x

Hi Geeks, have you set it up as a personal acc or business acc?

I have set mine up as a business account. I'm just using the app though I haven't bought a reader as they were £20 and I thought I would see how much use I got out of it first. Not had the need to use it though yet.

I take it none of you have had any problems with it? Does it work ok? xx

I've just used it for the first time, her card kept declining and I was a little nervous but she used a different one and it was fine!
LOVE it :D x

Hi, so it wasnt a problem with her having to input her card details on her own phone and sending it through.

Nope no problem :) I suppose with some clients it might be a problem if the Internet signal is bad or something, but I can just give them my wifi code and all would be well. x

We've looked at it (we look at anything we could potentially add onto our products to make life easier for clients!), but the visa thing still concerns me. Yes, they can now take payment, but if I understand it correctly, they're going through a bizarre mechanism of calls and texts to try and accommodate the Visa requirements.

Think I'll be keeping an eye on this one for the moment still!

With visa it works like this -
you ring up the total on the app till then go to payment, if its visa, you type in their phone number and it sends them a text instantly, they then click the link on the text and enter their card details and its done! You both get a confirmation screen and you can then email them a receipt if they wish. Easy peasy and you never touch their card, great if you've got a paranoid one lol x

Thats brilliant. I nearly had a chance to use it today, but the client also had her hair done so paid for everything on the salon machine, not mine. I just got my money in cash, for her nails, from the salon owner.

Great to know that it does all work perfectly and as I expected from the information given by izettle.

Thanks for the feedback. I think we can all rest assured that it works fine.

Do any of you have this method of payment with an android rather than iPhone?
I have read all the terms and conditions and can not see any catches.
Has everyone found it ok?

Just want peoples opinions before taking the plunge.

Thank you

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Last edited:
I've signed up for mine 2 weeks ago. Just verified my account and now waiting for delivery of card reader.
If you use an android phone then you'll need to charge the reader.
I hope to use mine this weekend.

Izettle is brilliant. Other services are obviously worried as I keep getting calls from SumUp and mPowa wanting me to sign with them. Haha too slow, too late. Izettle works fine for me and my clients think it is a great little gadget!

I was just about to start another thread on this but I see a couple of related threads have been merged to this one.

I'm really interested in Izettle but want to check that I'm understanding it correctly, would be really grateful if anyone could confirm this for me:

- it is compatible with iphone and you need to download the app for it (free of charge?)
- It accepts all major cards but you need to faff a bit to accept visa while they sort this out
- The money is authorised on the spot and takes 2-3 days to reach your account
- There is a one off charge of £20 for the terminal that attaches to your phone then no monthly fees or contracts
- There is a per transaction fee capped at 2.75%

Just want to check is all that correct and if so, where's the catch? I think I could easily charge a flat transaction fee of £1 to cover it (I'm mobile so people would pay for the convenience) so sounds like a perfect solution.

Any negatives before I sign up?

I was just about to start another thread on this but I see a couple of related threads have been merged to this one.

I'm really interested in Izettle but want to check that I'm understanding it correctly, would be really grateful if anyone could confirm this for me:

- it is compatible with iphone and you need to download the app for it (free of charge?)
- It accepts all major cards but you need to faff a bit to accept visa while they sort this out
- The money is authorised on the spot and takes 2-3 days to reach your account
- There is a one off charge of £20 for the terminal that attaches to your phone then no monthly fees or contracts
- There is a per transaction fee capped at 2.75%

Just want to check is all that correct and if so, where's the catch? I think I could easily charge a flat transaction fee of £1 to cover it (I'm mobile so people would pay for the convenience) so sounds like a perfect solution.

Any negatives before I sign up?

Hi, have you tries izettle yet? Just looking into setting up an account and was wondering how you have found it? X

I'm waiting for my card reader to arrive, you get a £20 voucher that you have to activate online which when you start using your card the charges are taken from that, it's quite a low percentage and it brings my business into the 21st century at long last :) x

Latest posts

Back