Izettle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY! Took my first payment on Saturday and 2 more today. Absolutely loving how easy the chip and pin reader is to use.

Had a slight blip on Friday when a client wanted to pay with it and it must have lost its charge from when I charged it up when it first arrived. So had to apologise to her as couldn't get it to turn on.

But now it's fab. Just have to wait for it to get deposited in my bank account now! How long are people finding it takes on average? I read 8 days- is that always how long?

xx

Mine arrives within 6 days normally.

Can anyone just confirm for me, I have iPhone 4S and getting an ipad soon - is the chip and pin reader compatible with this?

Also I have a personal account not a business account - is this ok?

I've confused myself reading all the info...doesn't take much ha! Xx

Yes it is compatible with both.
I also have just a personal account, not a business one. Works fine.

Yes it is compatible with both.
I also have just a personal account, not a business one. Works fine.

Fab thanks!
Do you get a statement from izettle for your records? Xx

Fab thanks!
Do you get a statement from izettle for your records? Xx

Wondered this myself so emailed Izettle to ask and it's really easy! You login to your account, click on transactions and set the date range you want, then click export to excel and it opens up a spread sheet numbering all your transactions with a receipt number and telling you the fee taken off etc and how much it was for and mastercard, visa etc. I've just done it and it's so easy!

So you can just do it monthly and save them in excel. Couldn't be simpler!

Wondered this myself so emailed Izettle to ask and it's really easy! You login to your account, click on transactions and set the date range you want, then click export to excel and it opens up a spread sheet numbering all your transactions with a receipt number and telling you the fee taken off etc and how much it was for and mastercard, visa etc. I've just done it and it's so easy!

So you can just do it monthly and save them in excel. Couldn't be simpler!

Great! Thanks :)
Am hoping to get the chip and pin reader soon xx

Another question lol...

Can you take payment over the phone from clients? You know like taking deposits over the phone if they give you their details? Xx

It ok I found the answer!
(Yes you can)
Xx

No, you can't.

I actually e-mailed them to find out and they replied that it is not allowed by their policy and you would not be protected if there is a chargeback.

Really? On their FAQ section for chip and pin reader I thought it said you could. Silly me. Xx

Hi Geeks
Iv come across izettle on here so downloaded the App, set up and have taken 1st payment to see how long it takes to get to my bank
Seems too good to be true, super easy to use & I'm hopeless with technology, if anyone has tried this please let me know how you have got on and whether its worked in increasing turnover ��

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all.
I'm just wondering if someone could point out the differences between the izettle and the worldpay zinc card machines as I cannot seem to find any..?!

Also, I am about to begin working self-employed within a salon and have to have my own card reader. For those of you that have izettle, are you using them within a salon? I am unsure which way to go, whether to get one of the devices above, or just a generic mobile machine from someone like streamline. The salon has a computer system (shortcuts) so I may have to check the client out twice...

Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Kiki x

I've just gone with a company called retail merchant service which are fab! If you are going to do less than £1350 a month on credit & debit cards alone. Then this is the best deal machine rental £14.95 a month, all cards 2.95%
1 off fee for GPRS sim £25
Till rolls£15 (will last a couple of years)
As part of this you get free legal advice for personal and business, free Tax & Vat investigation insurance amongst many other benefits. Normally this terminal is £31.95 a month and because it is GPRS you get signal almost anywhere and costs nothing to run.
Inbox me if anyone's interested I can give you the Reps number x

I use my izettle within the salon as well as mobile. There is no monthly charge etc. You just pay for what you put through. I don't use it much as I prefer cash at the moment.

Wish people would stop calling me to take up with them for a payment machine with a landline. I'm happy with my izettle! Do you hear me, no more calls please.

Just as an update. After izettle sent out survey to its existing customers, most people said that they wanted the money paying into their accounts quicker.

They are now doing this. I took a payment on Tues 15th Oct and it arrived in my bank account today, Monday 21st oct. It is thereforenow only taking 4 working days to reach us. I believe it will get quicker too in the near future.

Hope this helps people deciding what to use for card payments, who only use it infrequently and there are no monthly charges, just the 2.75% per transaction.

Has anyone had problems recently. In the last couple of weeks I've had 2 payments decline for no fault of the clients funds.

Yes iv had one or two decline but put it down to busy Xmas period, iv downloaded 'sum up' aswell
Works exactly the same, lower transaction fee though so that's good
At least if one app is slow I can use the other

Has anyone signed up to this recently? Are there any offers on still on huddlebuy?
I saw a few people mention this earlier on in the thread but these were dated a few years back...

Is everyone still happy with izettles?

I stopped using my izettle as it was just the one that reads the card but asks for a signature rather than chip and pin. Clients had quite a negative reaction to it.

I went with intuit pay instead and got their chip and pin reader but lots of people seem to like the world pay zinc, I've not tried it but then I am very happy with my Intuit one.

Latest posts

Back