Jack of all...Master of none?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bug123

Reaction score
Hi y'all !

It's been a while since my last question

I've always been an Creative l&p nail man!

But the other day, on a repeat client I sculpted Forever French using Brisa!

No big deal there...but got me thinking?

What happens if you eventually master all 3 systems - l&p, gel , fiberglass etc

Do you prefer or favour all or only one system ie your strongest/most comfortable one for your clients?

Does your choice change over time or in your experince do you simply remain jack of all 3 or master of none?

Any comments or experiences would we welcome

Many thanks!

Hi Bug, nice to see you on here again, well now that I have passed my masters in all three systems I have to say that I guess in my heart I will always be an L&P girl first, but I am doing a lot of gel ( mainly soak off) but fibreglass/silk I still rarely use, except for repairs, so I guess the answer is... its great to be able to offer all three and its also great if you are confident in all three, but I think you will always have a favourite and that will be the one you feel the most at ease with. but there will always be times when your preferred system is not the best choice for your client so its great to be able to have the choice.

Hi Bug, nice to see you on here again, well now that I have passed my masters in all three systems I have to say that I guess in my heart I will always be an L&P girl first, but I am doing a lot of gel ( mainly soak off) but fibreglass/silk I still rarely use, except for repairs, so I guess the answer is... its great to be able to offer all three and its also great if you are confident in all three, but I think you will always have a favourite and that will be the one you feel the most at ease with.

here her i agree although I do all 3 systems very rareley asked for gel/silk etc my clients all love thier L&P or is that me thay love mmmm not sure which:wink2:

I'm a L&P junky, proficient with gel but I don't like it so don't offer it... however now Brisa are bringing out bold colours and shimmers I might (MIGHT) be tempted to get a few of those... saves doing a conversion over to Bio.

I offer Fibreglass and Brisa Gel, I'm proficient in both and I like each of them for different reasons...
Fibreglass is sooooo thin and looks beautifuly natural, Brisa is extremely hardwearing and long lasting.
That's just one reason for each... I think each system has it's own benefits.

Nice to see you back :D

I offer all three as well, but i do love my L&p the most because it is what i originally trained in and tried to master before i began on the others.

I do prefer L&p but have to say i have more gel clients than L&P and also have a few fiberglass ones too. I love doing all systems and being able to offer what is best for the clients lifestyle etc, but i love that with L&P my design side comes out more as i have all the EZ Flow coloured powders, so i can let rip when able to.

I'm trained in all three enhancements......although I do mostly L&P .......(they did not do gels when I trained initially )
but I do like it when I have a gel clients as I'm still fairly new to gels.....( only 3 yrs) .....I find them challenging to get even and perfect.....
as far as the fabric I so love to do them as they look so natural and "not there" when I'm done .....
I do think it's important to have knowledge in all three systems allowing for different clients to have a range of choices to fit there nails, lifestyle.....and to "keep me on my toes " as I have to keep up with the education that keeps coming out in all three areas ......and after all the more I know how to do the more money I can make ......:) which is always a plus!

Latest posts

Back