jacquelineanna, gr8nails and dandelionpoppy; remember the good old days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 2000 people on here, yet the same four people pop up in every thread!!! 1996 people too scared to post!!

As I recall-
Your the only person here I've come across who has made me feel afraid to post!

No problem. When SG assures me they'll delete everything I've written on here, then I'll disappear quietly. I know when I'm not wanted, so no need to gang up.

Not just a spammer, there are automated spamming sites out there and they targeted the Blogs on here for some reason....thousands of spam messages in a short space of time. :eek:

How weird !!
Thanks spammers!! :( xx

No problem. When SG assures me they'll delete everything I've written on here, then I'll disappear quietly. I know when I'm not wanted, so no need to gang up.

I'm not ganging up in you- I'm not here for that it's not that your not wanted at all. it's just threads like this one make me afraid to have a laugh here as the "old crowd" feel ostracised! It's not my fault, I'm new- I don't know how it used to be. It would clearly seem we are not wanted though not the other way round.

Some of This thread is very negative towards new people and it's doing what everyone accused "the gang" of doing ostracising newbies! Oh and I'm not Middle Aged to whoever said that - that's a huge presumption! I'm only 30 actually, but I enjoy a joke with everyone regardless of age, that's all. I also enjoy professional talk as well.

Last edited:
Jacquelineanna, gr8nailz and Dandelionpoppy and the good old days.......not that long ago actually. I never got the sausage bit though...I always thought the main food that got discussed and debated on here was Brussels Sprouts ;)
Speaking of which it must be time to start boiling them to get them cooked for Christmas :eek:

Jacquelineanna, gr8nailz and Dandelionpoppy and the good old days.......not that long ago actually. I never got the sausage bit though...I always thought the main food that got discussed and debated on here was Brussels Sprouts ;)
Speaking of which it must be time to start boiling them to get them cooked for Christmas :eek:

Haha I just wouldn't bother I can't stand the things! Taste like little green balls of.. Ahem.

Laura xx

Wow, 2000 people on here, yet the same four people pop up in every thread!!! 1996 people too scared to post!!

Sorry - that made me laugh!!!

Vic x

It seems that a whole group of geeks found salon geek at the same time a couple of years ago and we had a little 'purple patch' here in cyber space.

Its hard to say what has changed but the quality of threads does seem to have taken a dip.

Sausges. Axl. Jonny. Halloween. the Nightie. Prison. Evil. Vile. Dark side ... words that conjure up memories that had us in stitches.

So happy though that there still geeks with us who remember :Love::cool:

It was a fun period. xxxxxx

Surely it is the mix of the enthusiasm of the 'new' and the experience of the 'old' that makes it such a great site? :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nothing wrong with nostalgia, and of course nothing wrong with new blood too.

I think this is about those of us who miss the blogs, and how we miss them.
I really got to know people through them; sounds odd when you haven't met them in the flesh, but it's true.
I saw different sides to people. I remember having a mass panic over my puppy-in-pond incident, and Persianista (whom I'd always found very imposing on threads) reassured me in a no-nonsense way and made me feel much better.

Although it took me a while before I dared to blog, how I enjoyed it when I started. I could write about my favourite topic ever ....ME!!! :D

I have some wonderful friendships with a few girls I met on there. You know who you are! I trust them completely and feel happy to tell them stuff that I usually keep quiet. Their friendship means a lot to me:hug:

Long live SG, in whatever form. Maybe the blogs will return one day.

Newbies are the lifeblood of this site!

Forums need questions, and newbies provide them. Of course there is a certain amount of repetition, but we are not a search engine we are a community therefore we should welcome newbies and their questions. (okay the same question 4 times on page 1 is overkill)
I have seen people come on here just starting out, asking basic questions, and seen their knowledge then grow to where they are answering the questions, building a successful business, and I have lost count how many former geeks go on to become Educators.

So yes we celebrate the big personalities and loveliness of some geeks who maybe aren't around as much, but the site constantly evolves and we need to move on with it, and embrace the next lot of Geeks who are here looking for answers.

If we don't then wouldn't we just be a bunch of know it alls sitting watching the tumbleweed blow through the site :eek:

I think maybe I am a miserable old grump!

I don't really 'do' chit chat - I don't have enough hours in the day for the people I love and want to spend time with. I do however, really enjoy sharing my skills and enthusiasm for certain subjects. I will contribute to chit chat if I have something to say, but I don't think I would ever leave a post that says 'hugs'!

I have never felt like a 'newbie' on here - I have always felt that my contributions were worthy and welcomed. To that end, I met 2 geeks for supper last week and am so excited to see how ones business has progressed/is progressing in part, from my input!

I read lots, and post often, and there are certain geeks I will see have commented and I will purposely look to see what has been said. Some speak a lot of sense - some speak a load of old tat lol!!!

Keep up the good work all geeks - old and new. Maybe when I have retired I'll be on chit chat hugging everyone!!!

Vicki x

I know I talk a load of old tat, because I know there's thousands out there looking at me. Best to stay anonymous, use it for the great info the site gives, and at the same time as talking tat, keep my business info discrete, so there's no harm done. The blogs sound good, wish they came back.

Last edited:
Aah, at last my point, i miss the 'sausage' days and talks of Tammy coming over here, stealing axel or somesuch nonsense? The jacqui/tammy conversations that actually did make me LOL :biggrin:

It seems that a whole group of geeks found salon geek at the same time a couple of years ago and we had a little 'purple patch' here in cyber space.

Its hard to say what has changed but the quality of threads does seem to have taken a dip.

Sausges. Axl. Jonny. Halloween. the Nightie. Prison. Evil. Vile. Dark side ... words that conjure up memories that had us in stitches.

So happy though that there still geeks with us who remember :Love::cool:

It was a fun period. xxxxxx

Chocolate Dipped Johnny, my darling. Chocolate Dipped.

Chocolate Dipped Johnny, my darling. Chocolate Dipped.

Ha .. don't come all sweet with the 'my darling' for all the lovely newbies ... I KNOW you.

:Grope::eek::zzz::Scared::wink2::Love::twisted::lick::Kissing::smack::mad::evil::rolleyes::biggrin::cool::irked::hug:

Now Tammie, aka G8nailz, I know you won't mind my sharing this.....

Tammie has a very coy way of speaking. When she says that she is in a library it's actually another name for prison. Through no fault of her own she was placed in a male prison after a minor offence on a cruise ship.

Tammie, we will keep up the "Free Tammie! She is guilty of nothing but being true to herself!" protests. I'm just making a new placard.

Ah Dandy, you were always so kind to her ... they didn't want her at the prison you know!

J'Anna......I had thought that too...but why are they keeping hold of her?

Er .. um ... I am still paying them to keep her there.

I told you, they didn't want her, the convicts started a riot to get her out and the wardens joined in ... I had no choice but to pay.

She's evil dontcha know.

Latest posts

Back