jacquelineanna, gr8nails and dandelionpoppy; remember the good old days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...sooooo not the J'Anna, Gr8nailz, D-poppy way.

The three of us...we rampaged through threads, hi-jacked a fair many, had our wrists slapped plenty of times by the MODS for misbehaving and laughed all the way through. Rinn was right there with us most of the way, too. But we were never about negativity! We were about empowering and uplifting; about praise; about positivity; about teamwork and about being there for our sisters. We are a sisterhood of professionals.

Please try and find your happiness on this site. If it's not for you, then it's just not. There are others. But I'm well into my 50s now and I still haven't found perfection, well except Johnny Depp, Shemar Moore and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson." :wink2:

If I could 'heart' this 100 times I would ... brilliant. Mwah Mwah

Just wiping my mouth now hee hee hee hee xxxxxx

I think maybe I am a miserable old grump!

I don't really 'do' chit chat - I don't have enough hours in the day for the people I love and want to spend time with. I do however, really enjoy sharing my skills and enthusiasm for certain subjects. I will contribute to chit chat if I have something to say, but I don't think I would ever leave a post that says 'hugs'!

I have never felt like a 'newbie' on here - I have always felt that my contributions were worthy and welcomed. To that end, I met 2 geeks for supper last week and am so excited to see how ones business has progressed/is progressing in part, from my input!

I read lots, and post often, and there are certain geeks I will see have commented and I will purposely look to see what has been said. Some speak a lot of sense - some speak a load of old tat lol!!!

Keep up the good work all geeks - old and new. Maybe when I have retired I'll be on chit chat hugging everyone!!!

Vicki x

Vicki you are not a miserable old grump!!! You have a lot of experience to share and many including myself are grateful that you take the time to share that knowledge and experience xx

Its true, you three did rampage a bit :cool: but always with a positive energy and underlying kindness. Its like a school reunion. Xx

I don't think this particular Chit Chat Forum has changed much over the years and I'm not sure about the Hair and Beauty Forums. I think the Nail Forum has changed because the industry has changed so much.

I just counted on the first page of the Nail Forum and 13 of the 25 threads are about gel polish. The fact that these days you only need a manicure certificate to call yourself a nail technician has had an impact. I'm not knocking people who are in this category, but it is obvious that they will have more questions, problems etc. and need more advice.

Unfortunately for more "rounded" technicians, this has made the Nail Forum a little repetitive.

I still love it here though and I still always learn from this site and could not do without it. I don't miss the blogs at all, I thought they were a little cliquey.

The Mods these days seem to be a little more mellow, or is it me who has mellowed over the years? I don't get curt PMs any more :). Even Gigi and I kiss and make up after spats these days :):):)

I just loved the Jacquelineanna and Gr8nailz posts! I was new and so quiet back then and didn't get involved, but loved the banter! I PM'd both of them when the posts stopped to try to get them back! Glad to see Gr8nailz return xx

Latest posts

Back