Jade's Closing Down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Skin Day

Reaction score
Just read that Jade Goody's shutting down her beauty salon "Ugly's" after only a year in business!

I thought it might just be speculation, but apparently one of Jade's 'aides' has stated she is closing due to a night club opening nearby.

'Close friends' (ahem) of Jade's insist it is because she is not making as much money as she thought she would.

Here's the story....

http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_objectid=17592639&method=full&siteid=93463-name_page.html

wow, geeky paparazzi ......faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous

wow im gobsmacked....i thought she would do quite well just becouse people going to noisey and to see if thay could meet her...lets hope her perfume does better

wow, geeky paparazzi ......faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous

hehe I'm ruthless when it comes to a big story! :lol:

And big miss nails....in total agreement with you....I thought she'd do really well. Maybe she would have done if she'd stuck it out a bit longer?? New businesses don't often become a success overnight....

Hi,
Thats a shame. I like jade she's so funny.
Maybe theres a good side to it though i may be able to call my business ugly's when i start up. I love that name i thinks its great lol.
Tiakayla

wow im gobsmacked....i thought she would do quite well just becouse people going to noisey and to see if thay could meet her...lets hope her perfume does better

APARENTLY HER PERFUME IS ONE OF THE FASTEST SELLING PERFUMES EVER! :eek:
she was on channel 4 on friday talking about it, which does make sense cos i went looking for some and couldnt find it anywhere!?

APARENTLY HER PERFUME IS ONE OF THE FASTEST SELLING PERFUMES EVER! :eek:
she was on channel 4 on friday talking about it, which does make sense cos i went looking for some and couldnt find it anywhere!?

But if you tell everyone that and hold the product back it creates demand, she just could be very clever. As for the business her finacial person would have advised her that she wouldnt make her money back straight away and im sure she has got someone else in, probably another bit of free advertising, they say all publicity is good publicity.

have to say i love the persona she protrays and good luck to her, im sure she will be sucessful in most fields of her life.

I think she is probably closing the salon not because its lack of success but because she may have sold the premises to the nightclub owner for a nice sum. Who knows.:rolleyes:

Just read that Jade Goody's shutting down her beauty salon "Ugly's" after only a year in business!

How many times do we see the same thing happen ?
People that are not actually in the Nail/Beauty Business they see salons doing well and think to themselves that there is loads of money to be made
and that its really easy money .
They then invest lots of money into the business some people take out large loans to buy equipment ,employ people, have to pay regular wages.
Then they realise that its not so easy to make money in Beauty/Nails
Your business is only good if the staff are excellent at their job and commited to client care and i'm sure that Jade couldn't be around to oversee all of the time (not that i'm saying her staff wern't good at their job)
It takes time to build up your reputation and it very hard work so its not quick and easy money,I see it all of the time Salons open then close within a few months.
I know that Jade had her own money and is very well off but she would have still wanted a good return from her investment.
Theres no point having the business it if its not doing well.
But i'm sure shes got loads of other options up her sleeve .

Ruby

It is a rare thing for a busineses to make any profit in the first year, it usually takes at least 2 years due to the amount you spend setting up in the first year. I am surprised that she has only given it this short amount of time. I cant see how a night club would cause her business problems, as by the very nature of its name it runs at night....most beauty salons are open only until a certain time at night and not that late either, none around here stay open past 8pm and most shut by 6pm, so using a nightclub opening as a reason to close down seems a lame excuse to me. Me thinks there is more to this than meets the eye.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back