Jamaican Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novo

Reaction score
Heloo there!
I took on two new clients yesterday (yes I work Sundays) and one had had nails done on holiday in Jamaica. (maybe if I work enough sundays I can get there) Anyway, she wanted infills and I of course explained the usual with working on someone elses work. Did a soak off and manicure etc. Point being ... these were sooo thick the L&p enhancement was way too high above the skin , also they took longer than usual to soak off (do they use mma out there does anyone know) probably just due to the thickness of product. Well not only that she usually uses an asian company in london and yep you guessed drill and file marks all over nails bless her. Educated the lovely lady and she hs rebooked to see me thank god(didnt scare her) and her daughter had a full set as a result and was surprised that she felt no pain??!!... (p/s) they had used clear tips and when i removed the polish they were all cracked. Just thought I'd share my experience.
pam xx

I had a similar experience with a lady who got her acrylics done in America. I advised her to start soaking off before I got there (I'm mobile) It took 3 hours in total, they were not going to move.

Her nails weren't in that bad condition considering what must have been put on them.

Hi marie, yes I wish I had known how thick this stuff was going to be and I would have got her to start soaking off b4 i got there. thats a good tip!
pamx

It really surprises me when clients expect the application of enhancements to hurt!! Even pedicures!! I always hear these funny comments about how they hope it's not going to hurt, or that someone in the past hurt them badly. This is so sad.

In the caribbean most ( not all tech )are not informed about MMA and some of the products have MMA but without seeing and knowing the name of the products I can't say that is the problem. I got into nails because the person I went to also did my nail thick and it had more hills and valleys than the rain forest. Working in the tourist industry I see women with lovely nails and knew this is not how it should look.

Trini

Latest posts

Back