Jamberry vs Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josiejo

Reaction score
Hi ! Someone has contacted me regarding Jamberry nail wraps. I've never heard of them before. One pack with can do 2manis and 2pedis is £14! Just wondered if anyone has used them? Thanks in advance

I got my free sample in the post today after seeing an offer on Facebook, can't wait to try them!

Yes I've ordered a free sample too ! Also saw on FB! Let me know what u think . Thank u! X

I have a nail tech friend who trialed them.She didn't like them at all.Not sure of the reasons,but I remember her saying they weren't professional grade.

I've seen a few women pushing sales of them on my local selling pages on Facebook. That out me off to be honest x

I had a lady selling on my local area facebook group and seeing as it was free thought I'd try it.. The sample came and I absolutely HATE all the designs! So I'm not going to try them out! Petty I know but after asking for the sample I was added to groups, emailed by Jamberry, pestered to sign up as a seller... Its an MLM sales thing like Forever Living x

Hmmm think ur all right. I'll give them a go when I receive them but think I'll be doing minx instead. Thanks guys xx

Last edited:
Read the print between the lines...
With Jamberry.. Sell the sheet of sticker to customers is allowed.. BUT.. You can't charge for putting that sticker on their nails. You have to do it for free.

Dunno about Minx as not used them yet.

I've tried Jamberry.. Need to read the instruction carefully.. And use heat lamp.. I used hairdryer as not yet got heat lamp.
It not as easy as you think without reading the instruction first.. My first one was a fail.. But 2nd one was pretty good and it stayed on my thumb for 10 days.,

Jamberry is easily accessible to the general public, personally wouldn't bother. I also read they are vinyl type which would make them thicker than minx, minx can be used over gel etc and is professional only

I love minx, it lasts ages on toes

I've had a sample and I fell i love with them straight away. I'm also a bit of a classic car geek and I put some on, I then worked on my engine and polished my car, went away for a week and they lasted me just over two weeks! Anything that can handle what I do with my hands and still look pretty is fantastic in my book ;-) They're not particularly thick and can be used over gel or acrylic. I haven't tried them on toes yet but I would imagine they last even longer there as most things do of course.

I hope that helps little. Grab a sample and decide for yourself :)

Minx.

Jamberry wraps are for the consumer not professional.

They are everywhere at the moment. First it was Forever then younique and now Jamberry.

If your clients can buy them at the same price as you, why would they pay for you to apply them for a higher price when they can do it themselves, albeit not a professional job but all the same.

I've just put a post up about these. Should have searched first!! A friend of mine has asked me to try some out and seeing as I've just launched my mobile nail business and had her, and other friends share it everywhere I feel it's only fair to help her out with her venture. So I have my free samples. I use baby belle gel by bellissima. Cab the wrap be sandwiched between the gel? If so do I need to lightly buff the wrap so that the to cost of gel sticks or does the wrap just sit on top of the gel?? I'm pretty new to nails so not yet got as far as doing wraps and nail art! X

I've just put a post up about these. Should have searched first!! A friend of mine has asked me to try some out and seeing as I've just launched my mobile nail business and had her, and other friends share it everywhere I feel it's only fair to help her out with her venture. So I have my free samples. I use baby belle gel by bellissima. Cab the wrap be sandwiched between the gel? If so do I need to lightly buff the wrap so that the to cost of gel sticks or does the wrap just sit on top of the gel?? I'm pretty new to nails so not yet got as far as doing wraps and nail art! X

Jamberry isn't designed to be used with gel. It's a consumer product. x

I use Jamberry and minx and have layered between gel. Also have applied gel only over the wraps and the wraps over gel.

Jamberry isn't designed to be used with gel. It's a consumer product. x

Jamberry are designed to be used with gel or acrylics or natural nails.

Latest posts

Back