Jane Iredale liquid minerals foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
would like any opinions on this product.
Does it look good is it a better option than powdered minerals for large pores and finer lines, as sometimes my powder minerals make my pores look larger and also my lines around my eyes.
What is the application technique. basically any opinions on this would be brill
many thanks geeks :hug:
p.s does it give a nice dewy finish as i like dewy rather than matt

I am not a fan of the liquid minerals myself.

imo it is a big no-no for oily skin and looks shiny pretty quickly, the only way to stop it is apply absence underneath to control the oil.

The other thing i find odd is on some clients it actually seems to make the pores look larger and emphasise the fine lines around the eye area, however I do have some clients that love this product and have no problems whatsoever.

I use the purepressed base as I have oily skin and its fab also no problems with the fine lines.

If you have a stockist near you then I would advise you try it first :) hths

thanks juliette, just from reading previous posts it seems highly praised by a few geeks which got me wondering if minerals in liquid form would suit me better with having large pores

thanks juliette, just from reading previous posts it seems highly praised by a few geeks which got me wondering if minerals in liquid form would suit me better with having large pores

Yes it does actually state it is good for large pores but I find it to have the opposite effect, very strange !

Which one do you use at the moment ?

The information on this page will give you more information on the liquid minerals Bases - Pressed and Loose Mineral Powders. Jane Iredale Mineral Cosmetics - The Skin Care Makeup - All Natural Micronized Minerals.

i have used chanel pro lumineire and bare escentuals also lily lilo
i want a clean dewy look....
was also thinking about chanel vitalumineire or teint innocence, but wanted to stick to minerals but my large pores are a problem.....and my friend gave me the jane iredale one which seems to drag a bit and dry very quickly before i have spread it out

Yes you need to be very quick with it lol

I apply to the back of my hand, mix with the JI foundation brush then apply quickly :)

I like Liquid but must admit to disliking it until I trusted it:eek:

The secret is to mix the gel and foundation together, on the back of your hand with a foundation brush until spheres are flattened. Then apply with the brush to one side of your face, although the coverage may not look great at this point as long as you have covered the whole area it will "set " usually within the time it takes to cover the other half of your face or within 60 secs. Once set you can see where you might require/ want extra coverage.

2-3 pumps is the max you should need for a full face.

They say you can apply with fingers and although this has always been my preferred method it just doesn't work with Liquid Minerals for me!

A couple of practice runs normally sorts out any wobbles with application.

I have some large pores on my face and always get complimented when I wear Liquid Minerals.

I would go to a salon and ask to be colour matched with Liquid and a full face application as a test. I happily do this for clients as I know they will love it and they don't feel pressured to make a decision, it normally means they phone the next day to tell me how many complimets they got and how quickly can I supply it :).

HTH's

I like Liquid but must admit to disliking it until I trusted it:eek:

The secret is to mix the gel and foundation together, on the back of your hand with a foundation brush until spheres are flattened. Then apply with the brush to one side of your face, although the coverage may not look great at this point as long as you have covered the whole area it will "set " usually within the time it takes to cover the other half of your face or within 60 secs. Once set you can see where you might require/ want extra coverage.

2-3 pumps is the max you should need for a full face.

They say you can apply with fingers and although this has always been my preferred method it just doesn't work with Liquid Minerals for me!

A couple of practice runs normally sorts out any wobbles with application.

I have some large pores on my face and always get complimented when I wear Liquid Minerals.

I would go to a salon and ask to be colour matched with Liquid and a full face application as a test. I happily do this for clients as I know they will love it and they don't feel pressured to make a decision, it normally means they phone the next day to tell me how many complimets they got and how quickly can I supply it :).

HTH's

thanks for tips hun :hug:

no problem xxx

depending on your skin/age etc...I prefer liquid mineral make-up..( I mix it with a dollop of sunscreen everyday..try Senna " barely base" or colorscience "primers".
both give a nice dewy finish & protects from the sun!

Latest posts

Back