Jasmine Oil from Thalgo - help please geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have today ordered some Jasmine Oil from Thalgo, as it is so highly recommended from everyone on here but I have never used oil with my waxing and wanted to try it on a new client tomorrow.

I have a few questions:

1 - Is it safe to use on women who are pregnant?
2 - Is it correct that their smallest bottle is only £4.00 - that seems so cheap I was expecting it to be much more?
3 - Are Thalgo likely to get it to me for tomorrow - I only ordered it at about 1.45pm today - but they said they will get it sent to me for tomorrow?
4 - If I have a go on my own legs before going to a clients tomorrow is that going to be enough of a practice to be confident to do it on a client?
5 - If the Jasmine oil doesn't turn up what would be a good alternative - because I want to carry out a great job as have had a really good chat with the new client and think that she will provide me with an awful lot of regular work?

Sorry about all the really direct questions but have been searching for a pre wax oil in all my local wholesalers last couple of days (was looking for the clean and easy one and haven't had any joy - so am now panicing).

I ordered supplies on tues and they told me two to three days but it actually came on weds so I am sure yours will be there tomorrow. There's no real skill to application only using a small amount but it comes out slowly anyway.

If it doesn't come don't panic, you can use a small amount of talc on the knees to stop the wax from sticking and if she is warm and not dry skinned you may not even need to use the oil. I used my usual aftercare oil before I used Jasmin oil and it worked just as well but I prefer the lovely smell of the Jasmin oil. :hug:

Many people have been waxing for years without using oil it is not make or break! DON'T PANIC!

Hi guys, I have today ordered some Jasmine Oil from Thalgo, as it is so highly recommended from everyone on here but I have never used oil with my waxing and wanted to try it on a new client tomorrow.

I have a few questions:

1 - Is it safe to use on women who are pregnant? As Jasmine oil is used to ease labour as well as an emmenagogue, it should not be used during pregnancy. Personally I wouldnt use it in the first trimester.. maybe if you check with Thalgo at the % of absolute in the oil.

2 - Is it correct that their smallest bottle is only £4.00 - that seems so cheap I was expecting it to be much more? It is a small bottle.. but goes a LONG way.. a bargain :)
3 - Are Thalgo likely to get it to me for tomorrow - I only ordered it at about 1.45pm today - but they said they will get it sent to me for tomorrow? They are pretty fast service.. I would think you would get it if everything was in stock.
4 - If I have a go on my own legs before going to a clients tomorrow is that going to be enough of a practice to be confident to do it on a client? It should be.. you will probably put too much oil on to start with.. and if you do.. just dab off with a tissue and re-apply your strips. If you think you have put too much in your hand .. dab on the couch roll before adding to the clients skin. It is a bit of hit and miss to start with but you soon get the idea of how much to use. Don't panic and you will be fine.. your client won't know any difference :)
5 - If the Jasmine oil doesn't turn up what would be a good alternative - because I want to carry out a great job as have had a really good chat with the new client and think that she will provide me with an awful lot of regular work? You could use a grapeseed or sweet almond oil .. in fact any carrier oil really would do the trick. Just tiny amounts mind :)

Sorry about all the really direct questions but have been searching for a pre wax oil in all my local wholesalers last couple of days (was looking for the clean and easy one and haven't had any joy - so am now panicing).

Have fun and enjoy the new technique :)

I've got the clean and easy blue oil, possibly azulene(?) do you think that would do the same thing? Sorry to hijack your post! Lx

this jasmine oil will be diluted in something as jasmine is an expensive essential oil, plus it would have to diluted to apply to the skin.

Its probably the same price as rose oil, I just paid £35 for 2.5ml of rose otto.

this jasmine oil will be diluted in something as jasmine is an expensive essential oil, plus it would have to diluted to apply to the skin.

Its probably the same price as rose oil, I just paid £35 for 2.5ml of rose otto.

Yes it probably is a synthetic jasmine because of the price and i dont think it smells much like real jasmine.

Thanks for the advice - have received my Jasmine oil today and will be having a little practice on my practice patch (bottom of my boyfriends back over the weekend). Like other people say, I think this is going to smell lush on my clients' skin during waxing!

Latest posts

Back