Jenson Ackles dirty blonde hair colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nad1a

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to be colouring gents hair for a competition in a couple if months and need some help/reassurance in what shade to select? I'm trained in wella so would prefer to use koleston.

I'm going for the dirty blonde/light ashy brown as the pictures. I'm also thinking about adding a few subtle dark blonde balyage highlights.

Aa ive only just started doing gents hair, what shades would be best? I'm not sure wether to go a level 6 or 7?
Also what kind of haircut is that in the pics? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378591456.321667.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378591470.102468.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378591479.869486.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378591499.703740.jpg

Thank you

Do you have a model lined up?

These pics look to me like natural hair with a few highlights in the front and and all over gloss.

good luck with the comp, fingers crossed for you:)

Yeh I have a model and his hair is a bit darker and he has some white hairs showing through.

I'm looking for colour suggestions please as I will have to lighten my models hair by 1-2 depths so il be using 9% probably.
I'm thinking along a 7 base but I don't want it to actually look BLONDE as such as my model is slightly olive skinned, it will look unnatural if its too light.

I'm doing the cut for the competition bit will colour it a few days before so the the overall look will be better.

Thanks

I would say a 7/1, maybe even an 8/1 depending on your models hair colour as you don't want it to look brassy or add any warmth into it, especially as you are lightening it up.

Maybe get your base shade then very fine highlights (probs with cap depending on hair length) and apply a toner so it looks more sun kissed rather than highlighted and will give the hair some texture.

Looks to me like a basic gents haircut, short at back and sides and bit more length on top and slightly longer at the fringe area...styled over to the side in one of the pics which is nice. Good luck with competition!

Something along with what kwoodsy said...

I would however go for a half 6 half 7 base.. I personally think an eight will be too light.

And yet again on the same lines just at the top of the hair almost like colouring using the side of the tint brush small strokes the cap works too! For a sun kissed look it can't look highlighted and tone with a 8 base.

Hope that makes sense, the haircut is a generic short back and sides and chippy texture on top! And with the sun kissed colour will look lovely :) xxx

Choppy not chippy! Xx

I'd say that's a base 6 I wouldn't add 7, what's your clients natural base? I'd think you'd struggle to get that tone lifting any more than two shades x

I used koleston 5 base on him before and it's came out far too dark. I find the 5s in wella come out in the dark side so I'm thinking a 6 wouldn't be light enough. His natural base is prob a 6 anyway but with some white

I would use a double ash (not farmiliar with wellla) 6 and use very fine strokes of a runny lightner + 30 vol then tone with a ashy/beige 8 level so you almost can't even see the highlights it just give the illusion of texture. As for the cut its just all over scissored short back n sides- I wouldn't use wax or gel id use dust it by swarzcoft gives the soft shaggy look not the wet sticky look 💜

Hi I'm not sure what double ash is? Also do you mean do the light strokes with the lightener first then when I put on the full head it will show up more vibrant on the lightened prices? I was thinking on using wella 6/1 or 7/1. Thanks

Oh I forgot to mention that his hair currently has 5/0 on it so I assume il have to bleach it ever so slightly before I can apply a lighter colour?
Would a full head of 6% for 10-15mins suffice? Or even a bleach bath to take out the existing colour? He won't let it grow out as he won't go about with the greys showing lol

Oh I forgot to mention that his hair currently has 5/0 on it so I assume il have to bleach it ever so slightly before I can apply a lighter colour?
Would a full head of 6% for 10-15mins suffice? Or even a bleach bath to take out the existing colour? He won't let it grow out as he won't go about with the greys showing lol

You'd have to cleanse it first in that case which might bring out warmth. Can you take a test cutting to try first? X

You're gonna have lots of brassyness left after lifting the 5/0 I'd say your going to have to lift it to at least a level 8 maybe level 9 to then get an ashy level 6 with base 8 highlights. Have you tried colour removers before? If you do go with the lightener before hand I'd use 10vol lifting it slower will leave you with a cleaner colour x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378850478.640038.jpg this is a client of mine that naturally has a lot of red in his hair. He's about a base 6 and I have to take him to a pale yellow before applying desired shade 9.1. As you can see it still doesn't come out ashy even with the .1 xx

If you only lift it to a 7 level- the undertone of a 7 is like a orange/yellow your going to have a hell of a time trying to make that ashy. I would either lift to a 8/9 then take it back down with a neutral
Or lifting from a 5 to a 6 won't throw much warmth I'd use like a 7.1 + .1 additive +20 vol and while the colours on then use your brush to put light highlights through the top. Practice this first tho as it can look patchy if some wrong

Latest posts

Back