Jessica Geleration fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhill88

Reaction score
I have recently used the bubble gum colour on a client & the colour faded within 10 days.
I applied 3 coats of the colour on application & have never had this issue with any other geleration colour.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I have recently used the bubble gum colour on a client & the colour faded within 10 days.
I applied 3 coats of the colour on application & have never had this issue with any other geleration colour.
Has anyone else experienced this?

All gel polishes have issues with fading with some colours (mostly the ones that contain certain 'pink' pigments). It is not anything that is unusual and I highlight it in my Aftercare sheets.

Knowing your product chemistry helps. SOG's are more vulnerable to fading from the sun, chlorine (both of which tend to bleach and together are doubly powerful) and Deet exposure than are hard gels and L&P products. SOG's are more porous and softer so it makes perfect sense. You should always make clients aware and your educators should have made you aware so that you weren't caught out not knowing. More heavily pigmented colours will not show fading as readily.

Thanks for your help.
I have'nt had it with any others, so hopefully just this one colour... :)

Latest posts

Back