Jessica GELeration not curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole21

Reaction score
I've recently started working in the Cayman Islands and we use jessica GELeration. I used this in my old work in Scotland. Before I came over my boss told me she had a problem with the gel curing sometimes. I had this same problem for the first time since using generation the other day. After the finish when you wipe over the nail with the clarify the gel will just come right off. Sometimes its only half the nail and not always every nail. Its not that the nails aren't in the lamp properly.

We're following the correct procedure and we've tried using thicker or thinner layers, curing it for extra time. Applying more than two layers of colour. shaking the products well before and during the treatment. I'm not sure if it is the product itself, I can use the same gel on the same day on it will go perfect one time then another it won't take to the nail. I do think I am prepping the nails enough. Sometimes the first layer of the gel will stay on but the other coats will wipe off.

I've also noticed the gels separate in the bottle. The colour will lie at the bottom while there is a clear layer on the top. Once you shake the product it blends back together but I didn't notice this happening in Scotland. Its a hotter climate obviously but the salon is air-conditioned.

Any advice would be great!

Personally, I've always found Geleration a nightmare to work with and I did training with Jessica and used their led lamp. It's a bit too highly pigmented for my liking and I just don't get on with the product . I switched to Gelish and never had a problem. Having said that some people rave about Geleration so maybe it's just me.

Latest posts

Back