Jimmy Gel with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urbanbeautystudio

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I've been using Shellac for 10 years however some of my clients just can't keep shellac on, it is so frustrating.
I've tried using a layer of IBX and also Brisa underneath.
Has anyone tried using JimmyGel clear building base underneath shellac? I've heard real good reviews about these products!
If not can you recommend anything else?
Thanks in Advance :)
Sarah x

I haven't used it but I believe they say it's compatible with CND Shellac. But CND has also just brought out their own builder system called Plexigel which may be worth looking into x

I haven't used it but I believe they say it's compatible with CND Shellac. But CND has also just brought out their own builder system called Plexigel which may be worth looking into x
Amazing thank you!!

Absolutely love Jimmy gel, I struggle to keep shellac on cause I’m so heavy handed, Jimmy gel actually last on me. You can use their colour gels on top of it too. I have heard fab things about plexi too.

I have had trouble keeping Shellac on my nails lately which I have put down to the hand sanitizer that we have to use all the time now. The Shellac was peeling of in one piece which I have never had before. I was also getting eczema on my hands which I haven't had for years.
I have now started to wear disposable gloves and the problem with eczema and Shellac coming off have both disappeared. Could that be the same problem your clients are having?

Latest posts

Back