Jinny Rainbow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, I have just received a mini Jinny Rainbow kit. Have used it a couple of times. Was just wandering does anyone have any helpfull tips when it comes to using this product.

Whats the best way to save the glitter, so you dont waste too much? And does anyone leave the stencil on and then sprinkle?

How long have you found them too last? and what kind of price to charge?

many thanks

Hi, just bumping the threat up. Even if you dont use the Jinny Products but you use temporary tattoos with or without glitter. Any tips?

Thanks

Hya I used to use 'for now' tattoos when I did my kids parties - and is similar (I think).

Anyway - I found this glitter (or the empty bottles to decant your glitter into) and the bottle works as a puffer so it puffs enough glitter onto the design...
Im hoping this is similar or have just wasted your time (LOL)

The for now tatoos were dauber pens and we would puff the glitter onto the design while it was still 'wet' with the stencil still on.

The glitter would wear off after the wearer went to bed.

here are the bottles link - I havent seen the Jinny kit but this might be of help.

Cosmic Glitter for face painting

Hiya, same thing just a different make.

The stencils that I use are sticky, you place them on the skin, put adhesive on to the cut out bits remove the stencil and then put the glitter on.

(I could try it out, but havent just incase I ruin the stencil.)

I thought after I have put the adhesive onto the skin, instead of removing the stencil, I would just put the glitter on and then peel the stencil off. But am thinking that the glitter will stick to the stencil and then will it ruin it?

But thought this way would be better as you can see the glitter going directly onto the glue and not everywhere else. (hope that makes sense)

thanks

With the for now stencils - you only get a few uses out of them (you could use the spray adhesive on them) but they are pretty fragile when you remove them. My friend bought stronger stencils for different designs and use the spray stuff as well as the for now stencils.

I think its okay to take off stencil after glitter is applied but just before it dries completely out.

Have a go - its fun and pretty straight forward to do.

thanks, do you know where to buy the spray adhesive? looked at that website, but couldnt see it on there. Thanks

ooh can you give me the link for the jinny kit , i dont know what it is and tried googling it but nothings coming up :lol:
sounds really good , thanks xxx

Hiya Dee

it should be jinnyrainbow.com

hope that helps

Hey i use jinny rainbow tattoos i think they are fab. Jinny actually showed me how to use her product, when you put the glitter on just lightly tap the bottel and use your finger to rub it in. If you are going to take the stencil off you need a real good light to see the glue or if you know every stencil off by heart like im sure Jinny does you know where to put the colours. I leave the stencil on and every one comes out perfect....
I charge 3 pound for the real small ones
5 pound for the next size
7 pound for the ones that are the same size as the 5 pound but more detail on it the rose one
10 for the long ones that go round the arm or large ones like the fairy one.
:idea:Have you tried useing gems i did the cat one and used the glue to stick two little gems on for the eyes, it looked wicked...:)

Thanks Nicnac

I only bought a small kit, Put the butterfly on myself yesterday, have had 2 showers since then and it has nearly disappeared. What do you think I have done wrong?

Have only got a few stencils in this kit, but did think about adding gems, your cat sounds good.

I know what you mean about having a good light to see the adhesive.

Oh and by the way, whats the best way to advertise this service?
What age are your clients who want this?
And roughly how long should the tattoos last?

Thanks for any advice that you can give.

Are you there Nic Nac?

hi, to save glitter, use pots of glitter and not puffers, if you use a puffer on a person standing upright you will lose all the glitter but if you use a pot, you can scoop up the glitter and the excess falls back into the pot. Salons I supply charge £4 upwards. Hope this helps.

The Jinny Rainbow glitter tattoos are fab, but they are also very expensive. There are other companies selling the stencils and glitter at a much more reasonable price.
Airbrushbodyart have just brought in a new range here
https://www.airbrushbodyart.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=60
GLITTER TATTOOS | GLITTER BODYART TATTOOS, GLITTER TATTOO KITS, STENCILS..
Face Painting 4u - Amerikan Body Art Glitter

I use the puffer bottles for glitter - the Jinny Rainbow ones are glass I think, and not only is it a lot more expensive, but there is a lot of wastage.
Face Painting 4u-Glitter Tattoo Accessories

have had 2 showers since then and it has nearly disappeared. What do you think I have done wrong?

I don't use Jinny Rainbow, so don't know what their glue is like, but you need to make sure you dab it dry rather than rub over the area. Other than that, I can't think - the tattoos I do last at least a week, more usually two. I have got glue from both the links above - both equally good. Jinny Rainbow has been targeting the beauty market, but face and body painters have been doing these for years - possibly why they are cheaper, but just as effective and good quality.

I thought after I have put the adhesive onto the skin, instead of removing the stencil, I would just put the glitter on and then peel the stencil off. But am thinking that the glitter will stick to the stencil and then will it ruin it?

But thought this way would be better as you can see the glitter going directly onto the glue and not everywhere else. (hope that makes sense)
Yes, this will help. You need to wait till the glue is tacky, and it can be difficult to see once it starts drying, so leaving the stencil in place will help, but, particularly in hot weather, they do dry quickly, so you need to work quickly too. An alternative is to put a colour (I put blue facepaint) in the glue so that it stands out.

Glimmerbabe - I didn't see your post. I've bought from you in the past, and would highly recommend you. Good value and excellent service. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back