Job application - advice appreciated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Evening all. Hope everyone is well!

I am doing my CV and cover letter to apply for a job as a trainee stylist in a local salon. The advert states no experience is necessary as full training will be given, i have no experince etc in the hairdressing industry but have always wanted to do this, ive applied for a place at my local college doing NVQ2 Hairdressing starting in Sept (evening course) about 2 weeks ago and will put this in my letter so they know i am keen and serious about starting in hairdressing. but has anyoe else any tips of what i can include in my letter or CV??
My cv is going to be tricky as i am trying to aim it to the role i am going for when all my previous jobs have been office based :rolleyes:.

if anyone could give me some pointers it would be appreciated greatly!!

Many thanks xx

Evening all. Hope everyone is well!

I am doing my CV and cover letter to apply for a job as a trainee stylist in a local salon. The advert states no experience is necessary as full training will be given, i have no experince etc in the hairdressing industry but have always wanted to do this, ive applied for a place at my local college doing NVQ2 Hairdressing starting in Sept (evening course) about 2 weeks ago and will put this in my letter so they know i am keen and serious about starting in hairdressing. but has anyoe else any tips of what i can include in my letter or CV??
My cv is going to be tricky as i am trying to aim it to the role i am going for when all my previous jobs have been office based :rolleyes:.

if anyone could give me some pointers it would be appreciated greatly!!

Many thanks xx

Hi , yes something along the lines of what you have written above on here ,
just tweak it a bit and you will have a nicely written peice of honest information about yourself
and your enthusiasm shines through too , :hug: good luck

OK. I own a salon with 14 stylists etc. As an owner I would much rather have someone who has made a conscious decision to take up hairdressing (as yourself) than some young 16 YO girl (usually) who can't think of anything better to do and thinks hairdressing would be a pretty fun easy thing to do. (I know I'm generalising bu you know what I mean).

MUCH more important to me is...
dedication,
a willingness to participate in a team,
someone who can act on own initiative,
someone who knows that SELLING is important to a small business (products, colours, other services) and that getting customers to return to the salon is vital.

Think of the bigger picture - what would YOU want from someone if YOU were employing them?

Hope this gives you food for thought.

Nick

Oh - get the spelling right too - and your employment dates - and a picture always helps if they're interviewing several people.

Also - If you find you're not getting anywhere - when I returned to hairdressing after a 10 year brake I went to work at a very reputable salon as a junior one day a week for a few months to gain my confidence and to put on my CV to show dedication/interest. Maybe another way to proceed.

Latest posts

Back