Job at a Lancome make up counter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
I have a job interview for a lancome counter and it's down to me and another girl. They want us to work behind the counter and basically try to do the job and build up the customers. It's just down to our own devices basically and to show we can bring sales in. Whoever does better will get the job.

I have never been good with approaching people....I don't know how to start basically. I would really like this job and want to work on my selling, approaching and gaining customers skills. Does anyone have any tricks of the trade or know of any good websites that could help me work on this before the interview?

I can't help to much but my friend just got a job with lancome and I remember her saying they ask alot about hygiene, that's about all of my knowledge on this subject but you never know it might help a bit, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you aswell lol. Just be friendly relaxed and professional and be very confident in what you are saying to customers xxx

I'm a hairdresser and I used to work in a well known department store for a salon franchise, on my quite days I was required to stand in the main store an hand out price lists to potential clients for the salon and point them in the direction of where it was (tucked away on the 1st floor) anyways my position was in front of the make up counters by the front door. I would approach the customers asking if they would like a price list for our salon and ask them if they had time to pop up and see what offers we had on today, this one liner was a great way to start off with a potential client, and got them interested in what I was doing. 7 out of 10 people came up to the salon so it did work however the girls on the make up counters were quite annoyed at me because the customers would come with me rather than going to the their make up counter!! Needless to say they made a complaint an the salon were no longer able to advertise in the main store!! But my point is (long I know) that if you come up with a good one liner relating to what you are selling and say it with a smile on your face alot of people will give you the time of day and may even buy something, good luck 😊

I have done a similar "audition" but for benefit counter , I would suggest traffic stopping passers by with one of the best selling product and simply asking them if they have tried it and get them back to the counter and try a few thing s on them..
In an hour I managed to get 9 ppl to sit down and demo products on, and sold products and I still never for the job , so I don't know if my advice is the best

Latest posts

Back