Job Interview Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpq

Reaction score
I am a manicurist and recently applied for a job.
I just found it in the paper and thought i might as well email in my cv, not thinking id actually get an interview but i have!
it is in the champagne nail bar in harvey nichols in scotland.
the woman on the phone told me i would have a 3 hour interview.
i would have to bring in a client and carry out a full manicure, once with dark varnish, and then another again with a french manicure.
afterwards the client would leave and i would have a solo interview where she would run over me selling products.
i am so nervous!!
i have not yet had a job doing nails, or infact any job like this.
i left school went onto being a hairdressing junior full time then left and have been at college doing beauty therapy.
can anyone give me any ideas on the questions she might ask me, and any good tips, especially on selling a product as thats the bit im dreading most!!
i know this is a pretty random post, but id really love the job and im trying to get as much help and knowledge as possible before the interview on thursday.
thanks!!

Well done you and good luck! Im not in a position to give advice Im afraid but there will be plenty of people dropping by who will. Fingers crossed for you. xxx

Congratulations on getting the interview - that's the hard bit!

To be honest, regards product selling, the best thing you could do is research what product line the retail there, and read read read.

Your manicure, again much the same, lots of practice and don't be too nervous or you might get shakey hand syndrome!

Good luck and don't forget to let us all know how you do :hug:

Congratulations on getting the interview - that's the hard bit!

To be honest, regards product selling, the best thing you could do is research what product line the retail there, and read read read.

Your manicure, again much the same, lots of practice and don't be too nervous or you might get shakey hand syndrome!

Good luck and don't forget to let us all know how you do :hug:

This is exactly what I did for my interview. I researched all their manicure products and pedicure products aswell as polish. I gave a few examples of my experience within customer care (which you would have gained through hairdressing) and handling cash etc. Just do your absolute best especially with the polish and your knowledge of manicure procedures and show your enthusiasm for your work. Your interviewer will know how nervous you are so try not to worry.

is it it edinburgh? i am a supervisor at nails inc in exeter and i know that nails inc have chanpagne bars in a few harvey nichols and edinburgh is one of them! if so then i am jealous! :lol: iv seen the pics of the champagne nail bars and they look LUSH!!!! they use all nails inc products (which are fab by the way) and a large amount of target is made up of retail.try not to worry too much tho, im sure it will be fine! all the nails inc staff are so lovely and friendly, im sure they will make u feel at ease! i would advise maybe going on their website Nails Inc. which has got info about products, services and history of the company.

as for the fact that this is ur first nail job u have applied for, i would not worry. they can see potential and if they think you will do well then they are willing to give u that extra bit of training to help you along. every member of staff is trained by a nails inc trainer anyway. both of our manicurists in exeter have never had a job in nails before now, they had finished college in june and started with us in sept! so dont let it worry u!

please let me no how u get on! id love to hear how it goes!

GOOD LUCK!!:green:

p.s- feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions about nails inc or u want any information. id be happy to help!

First of congrats on getting the interview, :hug:
I find if I go in with the attitude that I'm not worried about the job just going for the experience that I'm not so nervous.
All the advise here is as usual very good, I would just add
dress smart but comfortable
make eye contact at the start of each key point before letting your eyes drop to the product you are supposed to be selling,
don't forget to smile
think about any questions you would like to ask before the interview and don't be to shy to ask them.
oh and when doing your clients service don't forget to chat, it is part of the interview to see how your interact with your clients.
Good luck hun and don't forget to tell us how you get on.

I find that the first rule of thumb in selling products is making sure that you believe in what the product does and know the product inside and out. Dont view it that you are selling a product but purely informing the customer of the fantastic benefits that the product has and how it will improve their situation.

If you want to do some research on "Features and Benefit Selling" on google and you will find loads of info. If you follow the basic principles of this then you wont feel like you are having to force the client to take the product but it is actually something that they cant really do without. Dont presure the client, make it quite relaxed after you have told them the features and benefits and they will be able to make a great informed choice.

Another selling option is give the client two options or products to consider and instead of giving them an option to say yes or no you are giving them an option of one product or another. It is a method that takes some practice but it does work.

Good luck and I am sure with your enthusiasm you will blow them away!

You must be excited! I think its also important that your enthusiasm shines through - product knowledge is easy to learn, but the right work attitude is hard to instill :) Good luck, and all the best!!

you have all been so lovley!
i have a bit more confidence in this now :)
i will look like a right plonker if i dont get it though :p
yeah it is in edinburgh, i went there today to check it out and no one was working! it didnt stop me picking up brochures and buying some polishes though :p
im gonna read all the brochure and the website to give me some knowledge
keep with the advice tho it really helps :)
il be sure to leave another post soon

thanks again :green:

hey all :)
thanks for all your support - i got the job!
yay!
however my interview was hurrendous
being left to sell a hand cream and forgotten about for 3 hours
wasnt very fun, especially when i was informed by the other girls there that this did not happen to them!
oh well a job on the champagne nail bar - wooo! :)

Congratulations xxxx:hug:

Well done! there will be no stopping you now. x x x

Hey congratulations and well done!! Let us all know how your first day goes and good luck! :hug:

Wow that's fantastic- well done you! xx

Latest posts

Back