Job vacancies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shan2107

Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with lack of interest when posting job opportunities ....... I've advertised on here - on the radio aire - job promotion and via Facebook with limited success. :|

Yep me too.
Loads new bies need work but no one want to work at a hotel spa? I got told by a potential (not successful) candidate : I don't work week ends or after 5. It's my time with my friends.
This kid is frighin 18 or 17 yrs old.
I would understand if she had husband and children she needs to go sort out or study night school but the attitude ! Wow and on her practical she did I almost died : was terrible but so full of herself. And the scary part was these kids think they fabulous and the college gives amazing reviews however in the actual working environment they have zero experience and need practice. But not willing to work!

Hello pls hire me as CEO !

Ridiculous I worked 2 jobs 7 days a week for 10 years before I even got anywhere in this industry !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Hiya - yes same here - I have been looking for hairdresser for new salon for a while now!

Me too, I've been looking for about four weeks now, it's a nightmare! I've interviewed I think five people so far and guess what, they don't want to work Saturdays. I'm at the end of my tether, grrrrr!!

Ha im strange . I like working saturdays

I advertised a job recently on www.hair2beautyjobsource.com and had a very good response, over 20 cvs received. You can either post a job vacancy or search for people looking for jobs in your area.

Ladies what area are these jobs for please? X

I would just like to add my opinion .. I qualified and had to fight for 2 years to get a job in the industry. Me personally took on some horrible salon jobs just for the experience. I think it depends on the type of therapist you want. For eg the 17/18 yr olds wont really have any enthusiasm where as someone older with kids maybe will bite your hand off for anything (i had my son at 16 and qualified when i was 19) always wanted to work. As well maybe in your job posts say what position, hours, pay etc if its quite short people wont be interested (talking from experience when looking) xx

For eg the 17/18 yr olds wont really have any enthusiasm

Er hmm! Really!

I was a very enthusiastic 16 year old, I agree when I interview there are fewer of them but we offered a lot of attractive opportunities. Training, good pay, awards, incentives - most importantly CAREER OPPORTUNITIES- we offer a career, not a job and that's hard work!

There's are practical issues with your ageism.

Firstly costs, someone younger is cheaper and get free government funding secondly they tend to more mouldable into our way of thinking, they also are more flexible.

We would love to employ 'mature' people too but often come with baggage and command more money.

It's nothing to do with what you suggested it's mainly down to costing a for a salon.

Yeah i see where your coming from. That was just my opinion thats all xx

I don't care what age they are as long as they're a good dedicated Therapist!

I don't care what age they are as long as they're a good dedicated Therapist!

Lol, I agree! The post above bought up the age issue so I was assuming in relation to training. Once qualified I couldn't care less 21 or 61.

I advertised a job recently on Beauty Jobs | Hairdressing Jobs | Beauty Recruitment | Hair2BeautyJobSource.com and had a very good response, over 20 cvs received. You can either post a job vacancy or search for people looking for jobs in your area.

I've never heard of this website, neither have any of my beautician friends, is it quite popular in a certain area?

I advertise on FB, Gumtree and my local Creative Academy FB page, I think my problem is there are a lot of salons in my area after people, if I look on Gumtree beauty jobs Bournemouth loads of ads come up wanting the same as me :(

I've never heard of this website, neither have any of my beautician friends, is it quite popular in a certain area?

I advertise on FB, Gumtree and my local Creative Academy FB page, I think my problem is there are a lot of salons in my area after people, if I look on Gumtree beauty jobs Bournemouth loads of ads come up wanting the same as me :(

I'm based in Epping, Essex but the website appears to advertise throughout the uk. I found it by doing a google search, I hadn't heard of it before. I was not having any luck advertising in a local paper which cost me £350 for an ad which was 1"x1", after that expense I had nothing to lose with advertising on this site and it really worked for me. However, I appreciate it might be different if I was to advertise again.

Looks like everyone has similar problems - Ill try some of the other suggestions highlighted thanks everyone x

I to have been trying to find a therapist for a wax position.
I've tried FB,Twitter, Salon Geek, Gumtree and our website and I've had only 1 response !! I have been looking for a younger person (16-24) as I can get helping with government funding however I've just been surprised at the lack of response.
I shall try the site that was mentioned above and see where that leads us :)

I have the same in Northampton. Looking for a Beauty level 3 apprentice. FB ads I find people just post 'pm me' when it states to email CV etc. Phoned local college have had one call who didn't follow it up. I do feel If they can't be bothered to email a cv it speaks volumes about how little effort they are prepared to make for a job.
My local job centre have a young persons advisor & have suggested talking to them & they will arrange interviews from suitable people. Has anyone tried that route?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are any of these jobs in Ireland?x

Still trying to update my profile, but I'm 24, based in Dublin (but willing to travel) trained in gels,acrylics,gel polish, semi permanent lashes, occasional lashes, brow definition , threading, mani/pedi, holistic massage, facial... I'm constantly training to learn more. Tbh these posts have annoyed me because I would kill to work in a well renowned salon/spa... I have even offered to work for free to gain the experience.. :(
If anyone knows of something suitable for me I'd really appreciate the opportunity to apply for it :)

Latest posts

Back