Joico products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
Hey hair geeks!

I am asking this as i cant find it on the joico website and im not a hairdresser but are the products suitable for vegetarians? I like the protein treatment but hate the thought of putting animal in my hair and im veggie :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hey,
They do actually contain animal derived keratin as far as Im aware.
Pureology are 100% vegan and the Essential Repair range is great for protien
JoJo
xx

Awww what! I read that they used human hair instead of animal and i have tried contacting them with no luck hence the ask. Ok i will try the pureology thanks x

from what I can remember they used to use chinese hair but I believe they now use animal hair that is totally ethically sourced. No bald bunnies Im sure!
Joico are VERY ethically and economically concious - which is why I stock them too.
I will check with my rep and just make sure that they definately use animal keratin - as I know they are making massive movements towards becomming more vegan and eco happy
xxx

thank you that is very kind of you. i really wish it was a legal requirement for skin care and hair care producers to state if the products are suitable for veggies and vegans like it is with food as it can be very hard to source products otherwise xxx

Latest posts

Back