Joke guidelines

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Hey all you budding comedians.

I created this forum to keep the other forums clean of jokes and to give them a place of their own. However, only about 1 week after it's birth I have now started to get some complaints that some of the jokes are becoming offensive in their topic and delivery. If this continues to happen (me getting complaints) I will have to delete this forum and all of you guys will have to try to get a spot on the Jonathan Woss show if you really want to be heard.

A couple of guidelines:

First and foremost: It should be funny (duh)
Second: I do not want to see or hear of any potentially offensive jokes being posted on here.

So for poop sake; have fun, laugh, but dont let me get emails and bad post reports!

Sassy Hassy

Okay I know I'm safe because I don't know any jokes, I can never remember them - apart from "what did the grape do when the elephant trod on it" "it gave a little whine / wine"! and I learnt that when I was about 8!!

. But surely if people have a problem shouldn't they pm the person concerned and not GMG, otherwise how is the joke teller going to know if they have caused offense or not? They will just keep posting similar threads becuase they don't know that that line of jokes could be deemed as offensive (if you get my drift!).

ps sorry if I caused any offence to vineyards or people with grey trunks!! lol

:lol: well I`m sorry but you have offended us elephants! You are implying that we are clumsy and are racist towards fruit!!

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
I take your point however most will not complain... they will simply dislike it. It may even turn people off from visiting the site and we may not even know why.

I think if we our good judgement and try to keep things clean there shouldnt be an issue.

By the way... you were not racist... just fruitist ;)

Sassy Hassy

OMG - I should have know there was a lurking fruitist on this site lol!! You guys just crack me up!!!

Sassy Hassy said:
OMG - I should have know there was a lurking fruitist on this site lol!! You guys just crack me up!!!
I am not the lurking fruitist, but I have on occassion posted the odd joke :)

I hope than my jokes haven't caused offence and if they have then I apoligise.

Sometimes it's hard to predict how any joke will be received (a bit like books and film's one person's preferrence may not be others).

However in view of GMG receiving complaints, I will now check and re-check my jokes for offensive content, but please can we also remember that these are jokes and are no way ment to interpret real life or upset anyone, they dont depict real people and are meant to make people laugh.

As an extra measure, if I feel that the joke is a bit risque, then I will put a warning on the title of the joke, so you can choose whether to continue reading or not.

Cheers

Claire x

jnail

Independent Essence Geek
Great idea about the warning on the title , then it's a presonal choice.You can please "Some of the people some of the time & All of the none of the time",a bit like Professional Nail Services......eveything in it's place & labelled should help. Kind Regards jnail Australia xxxx

claire, perhaps you can give your jokes a 'certificate' - U, PG, 12, 18 etc! keep 'em coming though - they make the majority of us laugh in what can sometimes be a very dull world!

Tickled Pink! said:
claire, perhaps you can give your jokes a 'certificate' - U, PG, 12, 18 etc! keep 'em coming though - they make the majority of us laugh in what can sometimes be a very dull world!
That's an excellent idea Tickled Pink PG, 12, 18, RRD (Really Really Dirty) etc! :)

Claire x

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
claire 1 said:
I hope than my jokes haven't caused offence and if they have then I apoligise.

Sometimes it's hard to predict how any joke will be received (a bit like books and film's one person's preferrence may not be others).

However in view of GMG receiving complaints, I will now check and re-check my jokes for offensive content, but please can we also remember that these are jokes and are no way ment to interpret real life or upset anyone, they dont depict real people and are meant to make people laugh.

As an extra measure, if I feel that the joke is a bit risque, then I will put a warning on the title of the joke, so you can choose whether to continue reading or not.

Cheers

Claire x
i agree with you claire - ill do the same

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Guys... seriously. This has to be the last warning before I delete this forum.

I just read a very funny, but overly risque joke that I in turn deleted before I got any complaints.

This isnt the place for risque jokes about sex, sex toys, and such. Try to keep your jokes as accessible to everyone as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Staff member
Um, Nudity is nice... but not appropriate here. Keep you pictures clothed please.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
This is my first visit to joke forum, so thought I'd check the rules first and I can't tell you my favourite joke 'cos it definatley IS risque!!! (On innuendo grounds, but damn funny, makes me smile just thinking nof the punchline...)

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Gosh there must be a lot of 'sensitive soles' amongst us!

caz3

I have not read any really rude jokes yet!!! I did post a joke I hope that was ok!!!!!!

I will have to watch out from now on but then I do not know many jokes so I will not be posting much but I will be reading them :D

Caz xxx

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
This isnt the place for risque jokes about sex, sex toys, and such. Try to keep your jokes as accessible to everyone as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.
Just bumping this thread back up to remind everyone of the general rules on posting in the Hardee HarHar forum.

Thanks peeps
Happy Geeking :D

Just bumping this up again. Would everyone please read the guidelines before posting. This actually goes for all of the forums not just the joke one.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
we don't like bumping threads up but we need to if peeps don't read the guidelines :wink2:

*Gemma*

Sorry Sandi I hope mine didn't offend anyone. I will quite happily remove it if necessary.

Sorry it was mine and you beat me to removing it!

louiser

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh I'm tellin...............