Juicy thread to debate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Food for thought - how do you create a juicy thread?

• I let others create the threads and like to answer if possible!

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Most interesting things have been debated so what's the point

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I have plenty up my sleeve, I just like to spread them out!

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No one answers my questions anyway, so I don't bother!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I can never find the right words to say and don't want to look silly!

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other - let us into your secret lol

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Everything is just hunkydory as it is!

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
Recently, I have found it increasingly difficult to "think" of any juicy threads to sink my teeth into - writers block I think they call it :lol:

So geeky ones how do you think of a topic that hasn't been "overdone" or ends up with no answers?

I understand that it is more difficult with the professional forums in a way, as most things do get discussed unless there is a new product or technique launched :green:

IMHO Chit Chat is a really important part of the forum and some juicy threads can be posted there as well - but what makes a good chit chat thread? I have tried from what I consider interesting :eek: :lol: to the totally insane and stupid. Some fall flat on their face and others trundle along nicely :confused:

However, I am sure that we all have felt (I know I have) disappointed when we have put a lot of effort into a reply or a new thread and it seems to disappear to the ends of cyber world, never to return or be seen again :lol:

So geeky ones get your thinking caps on and give me some hints on how to get my creative flourish back :hug:

Have fun :hug:

<sniffle>

My threads are never juicy... :irked:

I think its a good sign. You obviously don't need any advice anything which is always good x:)

I love a good debate, thats me.....i love peoples different opinions, and even though they can get a tad heated its good to see various opinions on opposite sides of the spectrum.
I havent started anythreads for a long time.....i think sometimes i cause tumbleweed moments....so think to myself...ok joanne your not funny shut up...lol
It is harder to start threads in the professional forum..ie nails simply because peeps have started threads allready that interest me or get me thinking and its great to read the replies, because i take it all in.
controversial threads i like but......i know a lot of geeks dont...not having a go but i can see why they dont..some are too controversial but i like that...thats me...i love a good argument....no sniping just things that make my blood flow to my brain....:lol:

I love a good debate, thats me.....i love peoples different opinions, and even though they can get a tad heated its good to see various opinions on opposite sides of the spectrum.
I havent started anythreads for a long time.....i think sometimes i cause tumbleweed moments....so think to myself...ok joanne your not funny shut up...lol
It is harder to start threads in the professional forum..ie nails simply because peeps have started threads allready that interest me or get me thinking and its great to read the replies, because i take it all in.
controversial threads i like but......i know a lot of geeks dont...not having a go but i can see why they dont..some are too controversial but i like that...thats me...i love a good argument....no sniping just things that make my blood flow to my brain....:lol:

wonderfully put...
I love a good debate...so long as it doesn't get too personal...there is always two sides to a coin and I love to hear both sides...sometimes I can be swayed from one way of thinking to another...:lol:
I can't post professional threads yet...I haven't got a profession! Once I get on my way I am sure there will be many questions I need answering...but they will have been covered already I am sure so it will be more a case of searching the threads already out there.
I can only really post threads in ChitChat...and I don't want to overload the forum with stuff just for the sake of it.
I was thinking about a thread to start and when I did a search it was already covered ( any good books to recommend kinda thing ).
For someone like me...who is a newbie...you can spends hours just going over the threads from the past 4 years...I just have to remember to look at the dates so I don't post a reply to a thread from 2004 or something!

Good luck with your juicy threads...:lol:

Just realised I haven't voted on the poll...duh ... Done

you asked for hints Debbie...sorry I just went off on one as usual...how about reading the newspapers on-line? loads of stuff in there to get your creative juices flowing...

I don't know about good, but I do like to start threads that will make people do a variety of things like,

A. Laugh

B. Join in, like how did you meet etc

C. Seasonal, like panto, easter parade etc.

It also helps keep my insanity under control:green:
I'm not very good on the professional forums unless its something I need the answer to and I try not to be too controversial in case it unleashes streams of vitriol.

I know that my threads probably irritate some more serious minded geeks but all the time some join in, get a laugh, enjoy thats good enough for me:lol::lol::lol:

Hello All:)

I must admit I do not post that many threads, As i spend most of my time on here looking at other peoples and replying!
I agree though that the chit chat forum is a very important part of the site as it lets you have a break and chill out from all the working or training side of the industry. It is also good to hear peoples views about other aspects of life rather than just the beauty industry.
When I do post a thread on the chit chat forum it is usually based on 1)something that has happend to me in everyday life 2) something relating to the news 3) tv programmes.
I too will put my thinking cap on and try to come up with a juicy thread xx:)xxx

I've been racking my brains all year trying to think of a good thread. I've just got no imagination!:green:

I don't think I have any juicy threads in me!

I also like a good debate. The things we feel most passionate about are the ones that get heated. It's usually a good debate that has you thinking, "I never thought of it like that". Without debates our ideas would get pretty stagnated.

I would be hesitant to start a general thread because I haven't been on here long enough to know what's already been done.

I would never hesitate to start a thread related to a professional nail question - whenever I have, I've gotten great help.

I don't start that many new threads, but when I do in the prof forum, it's usually something that's been roaming around in my head for some time and I haven't been able to come to my own conclusion, so ask the views of my Geeky companions.......even if some of my threads are Double Dutch!

People love to be asked their opinion. They also like to feel they won't be judged or criticised. And they love to talk about themselves (well its what we know best:lol:).

what makes a goo thread? ... I think that depends on the audience. Some geeks like debate, some like to be educated such as facts, some geeks may like to find out about other geeks and know their innermost deepest secrets :)

Some geeks like debate, some like to be educated such as facts, some geeks may like to find out about other geeks and know their innermost deepest secrets :)

good point for a thread but don't know about the secrets.:eek:

Last edited:
I dont actively think of subjects for threads (except the one I posted this morning because Collin told me to :lol:). If I have a subject on my mind, I'll post it. Sometimes I'll post loads of threads and you'll be sick of hearing from me, other times I'll be really quiet, just depends if I have a subject worth posting, but I wont sit and think of one if I dont.

One thing I do like though is when we can debate subjects in an orderly and polite manner. People should feel free to post their opinions without it getting catty. One of my favourite quotations is Voltaire: "I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it". Ok, maybe it's a bit early yet for philosophy:lol:, but this sums it up for me. You may not agree with people, but you should still respect their right to voice their opinion. I posted a controversial opinion on a thread recently, and a geek who I consider to be a friend posted a contrary opinion and apologised for disagreeing with me. The thread was old and there was no point bumping it back up, but I wanted to post that there was absolutely no need to apologise, it's nice that we can have debates in that way and keep it friendly!

Latest posts

Back